The most significant music video

check_bin_krap

check_bin_krap said: It was quite weird that a segment of the ones who followed that music were racist. They never got it, and what it stood for. The two Tones label said it clearly.Cheers!
Same in the early days of the skinhead era .. Ox Blood DMs, Jeans'n'Braces strutting to Prince Buster and Harry J.

You would've thought that they might have wised by the time the 2nd coming of ska arrived .. :dunno:

Cheers

K.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same in the early days of the skinhead era .. Ox Blood DMs, Jeans'n'Braces strutting to Prince Buster and Harry J.

You would've thought that they might have wised by the time the 2nd coming of ska arrived .. :dunno:

Cheers

K.

Yes, all was Jamaica in those days. I have plenty of old Rock steady and Ska albums from those days, new prints from the 80's though.

From newer time, "free Nelson Mandela" from the Specials moved away from Ska - means a lot to me. I danced with one of Nelsons daughters once - she is married to a Swazi prince or somewhat I think.

Its nice to see people on the board who share my music interests!

Cheers! :D

stonepony said:
sayjann said:

but the video which caught my eye was 'The River' by Springsteen.

Have to agree sj, he sings that song with a hell of lot of passion.

Well I got Mary pregnant

and man that was all she wrote

and for my 19th birthday

got a union card and a wedding coat

If you said that before 13th April, I could have borrowed that coat from you! ::

Bruce is huge here in Norway - I have never liked his music though.

you have no taste.

first supporting Leeds and now not liking Springsteen...... :doah:

the live version of The River has a great monologue before it in which he tells of battles with his Father and how he failed the Medical which meant he missed going to Vietnam.poignant stuff.

seen Brucie 6-7 times and The River naver fails to move me..... :applause:

sayjann said:

you have no taste.

first supporting Leeds and now not liking Springsteen...... :doah:

the live version of The River has a great monologue before it in which he tells of battles with his Father and how he failed the Medical which meant he missed going to Vietnam.poignant stuff.

seen Brucie 6-7 times and The River naver fails to move me..... :applause:

Yes, sometimes I want to write good songs while I am on the bog also SayJann.. I saw that Bruce is getting political now, he went out against Bush. He has been used by both democrats and republicans before - but has come out as anti-Bush now. Good man :up:

Cheers!

Lusty said:

If anyones got any old Trojan label vinyls in half decent condition I'd think some of them might be worth a few baht now,I would have thought.

Dunno, you can quite regularly see Trojan releases on Ebay for 2 - 3 quid and Blue Beat stuff a bit more, maybe a fiver or so.

Cheers

K.

he's been political for Years.

started when Reagan used 'Born In The USA' as a great advert for the American People.

but as usual Reagan fucked up and it took some underling to explain that the song was a protest against American Government policies.

Reagan then decided to remove himself from Springsteen after Brucie spoke out against him in various interviews.

Archived