Info on Westin Grande Suk or Royal Orchid Sheraton

GatLoS

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of staying at one of these places at the end of my stay in Thailand (closer to airport than Pattaya). Was wondering if both are guest friendly. I got a good idea where the Westin is, but was wondering if the sheraton is close to any nightlife area/and or the upscale soapies (ratacha?)

Using my Westin points, so pretty painless as far as costs go.

Thanks for the info upfront!!

Westin and Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit are short walk from Soi Cowboy and 1 sky train stop to NanaPlaza.

Also, it's 80 or baht taxi ride to Radchadaphisek upscale MPs. There must be more around the hotels, I am not sure.

The Royal Orchid Sheraton is on the river, no farang "entertainment" complexes nearby but Patpong is not far by skytrain (from Saphan Thaksin station).

If you are on points, why not use the Sukhumvit instead of the river hotel?

I have heard that Sheraton Grande on Suk would let girls in with ID check. Not sure about the Westin, it's relatively new facility. Being located where they are, I doubt they are too strict.

>I have heard that Sheraton Grande on Suk would let girls in with ID check. <

Three years ago (last time I stayed there), you could simply walk in at lower level, straight to the lift, no questions asked. Girls loved it. Now I prefer to stay at slightly cheaper places, and spend more on sanuk.

If you are staying at the Westin, go across the street and use the Grand Sheraton pool. It's very nice and you wont have any problems. I'm pretty sure you can even charge drinks to your room across the street.

Avoid the walk of shame if staying at the Shearton by using the revolving door entrance to the bar off of Sukhumvit. You catch the elevator straight to your room without encountering anyone in the lobby.

You wont have problems with bringing any guests back to either hotel.

Sheraton Suk is very nice, service is excellent, great food, good fitness facility, nice pool, rooms are large and comfortable, and no problem with girls (use the street level entrance by nightclub and take hallway directly to elevators). Only downside is rooms, meals, drinks, etc are pricey. The nightclub at street level is also nice, has good bands and also has some good looking ladies looking for action... however they will expect more $ because they know people staying there can affort it.

The Westin is directly across the street. It was formerly the Grand Pacific, but was converted to a Westin early last year and remodeled. Haven't actually been in the place so don't know any more about it other than it is $25 or so cheaper than the Sheraton. I too would like more info from people who have stayed there.

Can't beat the location! Both are located at Sukhumvit & Asoke, with easy access to both the Skytrain and the new subway. Cowboy is a five minute walk, and all the other sanuk areas are within easy access via Skyttrain or Subway.

the Westin was actually the Delta Grand and then changed into Grand Pacific and then around 2 years ago renovated and refurbished (and of course upgraded) to a Westin; had friends staying there and they were very pleased (around the level of JW marriott and it was guestfriendly

Archived