Multiple Internet Windows snafu - PLEASE HELP ME

UAL875

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBK - thanks for the tip. I reset the "AllowWindowReuse" Data values to "0" as instructed by the WinGuides and yourself and........... the problem still exists. This really is annoying.

thalenoi had some specific advice that he exchanged to me through PM - which basically was a registry restore. But the instructions are baffling me" "Start" "Help" "Support" because I can click on "Start", I can click on "Help", but I do not see "Support"... not available in Windows 2000 perhaps?

Anyway if anyone is still interested and thinks they can come up with the solution - I am all ears. Thanks to all who pitched in thus far.

Did you choose to install the Yahoo explorer messenger toolbar during the Yahoo installation? Maybe thats the bitch.

You can uninstall unesserary Yahoo stuff via Start - Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. Leave just the Yahoo messenger there. If that does not solve the problem, remove Yahoo messenger also. If all is fine after this - rerun Yahoo messenger installation. Choose Custom/minimal (I am not sure which choice it shows). After this, make sure to just choose Yahoo messenger.

When it comes to System Restore which was suggested, it will certainly remove your problem if you choose a restore point from a time before it appeared:

How to run system restore via restore point

You will lose all programs installed after the restore point was done, all modifications to programs or operating system after the same time, but no data or user files.

Cheers!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"switching to Firefox and other wonderful browsers that are only known to these 3% of the population"

<cut>

Mozilla is seriously gaining in popularity, at the expense of IE.

Sep '03, IE had 86.6% share versus 6.2% for Mozilla.

Sep '04, and IE has dropped to a 74.8% share, while Mozilla has climed to 17.7%

So, IE lost 11.8%, while Mozilla gained 11.5% :up:

Sanuk!

Today's numbers:

Firefox Browser On An Upward Trend

Posted by timothy on Wednesday September 15, @07:29AM

from the expected-but-still-nice dept.

carbolic writes "The Firefox browser is ramping up as fast as Internet Explorer is ramping down. According to these stats posted from the Engadget logfiles, IE has dropped to 57% of all browsers used to visit the site, while Firefox is up to an amazing 18%! The Engadget stats reflect an early-adopter consumer crowd and backing those up, this chart from w3schools shows the same trend. I guess CERT's recommendation and a mature product are finally paying off for the Mozilla project. Less than 2 years ago, IE had a 95% lock on the market. Anyone else see a trend here?"

Archived