Salary Payment

Zaad

Hi,

My girl has a few part-time jobs in the evening/weekend after her regular job. Thing is she hasn't received a single satang from one of them since she started working there in June. That's 3 months already and counting... I (and she of course) am bothered by this but she doesn't dare to confront them. It's IMO a very normal thing to ask where the hell her salary is. She prefers to give it a little more time. Ok up to her, just hope they won't wait too long as I'm getting impatient with such behavior.

I know it is not uncommon to receive the salary a little later sometimes, especially with part-time jobs, but she's in her 4th month now and seems a little odd to me.

Anyway, no contracts or anything signed but she does need to report her part-time job plus details to the Public Health Center, everything legal.

Can anybody shed some light? Experiences?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

I'd be spitting nails by now:onfire:, I was getting inpatient with a falang couple my Mrs did a job for (calving a load of fruit for their wedding), they collected Saturday morning and payed her monday night :D...these people are taking the piss out of your mrs, deal with!

On the 4th month?

No pay? Report her employers to the government. Without a contract, they will probably say she never worked there. It is time now to seek help from the government. That is one of the reasons they are there.

Agree with the above post, but you would have to know a little more about the nature of the work. I guess a lot of the work done part time may well be part of the grey scale economy. No paperwork, not tax, hence no help from the government.

Zaad, maybe you should go with her to the place your wife works and have a chat with them. Might help.

Just my two coins worth.

Pc

Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I'll try to sort it out myself first, whether I have to accompany her and all have a chat together or she gathers the courage she needs to do it herself. If none helps then I'll check with the labour department as to hopefully speed the process.

Either way, she's not happy with this situation and I doubt she'll stay much longer after she receives the delayed salary.

Btw, my girl's friend used to work there before her and she was the one who recommended/offered the vacant position as she was about to leave for a place closer to home. But it was only after working there for a while that we found out that her friend also experienced such delays, but 'only' 2 months in her case.

So I'm not afraid she won't see her money, I'm sure she will, but this kind of crap doesn't really add extra motivation to do the job.

"Don't ask for pay, do not get paid. Ask for the pay. No pay - go the government."

No matter how many times I re-read the above, I can't follow you here :)

"Such bussinesses should not be in business."

I understand you, but it's actually a decent place, unlike other clinics this one has a very expensive laser bleeching machine. Great experience for her, but damn salary delay is big downside.

Archived