Worth Trying!

pe7e

I've just checked in with EVA at London Heathrow for BKK flight BR068, I flashed my EXPIRED (2 years) silver executive card to get the miles credited to me and they gave me a vip lounge invite :) free food and drink and guess what they have Singa beer! + free internet I am posting from there now, I kid you not, I will arrrive tomorrow, probably with a hangover.

va

Its great, you'll arrive full of food,beer and ready to go. The best part is you got it without having to spend a fortune for the lounge access.

Whenever I get into a business class lounge, I'll eat and drink everything in sight. Its 20+ hours of flying time total one-way. I sure as hell don't like being hungry on long flights.

pe7e said:

I've just checked in with EVA ... I flashed my EXPIRED (2 years) silver executive card to get the miles credited to me and they gave me a vip lounge invite :) ..<snipped>..

Hmmm, this is a bit of good news. My EVA Silver card is due to expire in December...and there's no way I'll have enough mile to renew it. I was going to toss it...until I read you post!

Thanks!

Just 10-days ago I did a quick 5-day R/T BKK-LAX-BKK, and yes, the LAX lounge is not much more than a closet. But I did notice that they have further upgraded the already deluxe Taipae (sp?) lounge. It's really quite nice!! A new computer game room, free internet and an enlarged area for the many free edibles.

Archived