Windoze cannot detect a card...

I just installed a P3 933 processor in daughters computer; old one was a Celeron 600. This lead me to (for some reason) have to reload Win2K. Now Win2K cannot detect my SoundBlaster Live! card, which worked fine before the processor upgrade. Whatzzup? I have tried everything on the Creative web site. All it detects is the game port, so I am sure the card is seated OK. I even changed slots and rebooted nunerous times. Any ideas before I buy a new one?

Cheers,

SD

I would suggest that you upgrade to XP, but litttle hope there I guess.

Try this;

shut off computer

remove card

reboot

make sure it is NOT in the device mgr.

if so, delete the device and reboot again.

load latest driver, shut down

insert card

boot and it should be seen as a P&P device

should load all drivers without prompt, or allow it to search the internet on it's own if it recognizes the correct card.

have four fingers of Jack

Sound cards and modems can drive one batty !

"I would suggest that you upgrade to XP, but litttle hope there I guess."

Yup. I still say "fuck XP." Really, there is nothing that I see that it offers me and many drawbacks IMHO.

"Try this;..."

Here is what I tried. Reload software. Reseat card. Repeat five times. Remove card. Break in half and throw off the balcony. Go to confuser store and find a sale on SB Live! 5.1 digital (same shit I had) for $25. Against better judgement, buy one and reinstall. Load software and all is well. :D

"have four fingers of Jack"

Close. Meet friends at a brewpub in Summerlin near Red Rocks Canyon. Drink 10 pints of Bass Ale and several CC & 7s for free that some CC tarts were passing out for free (hmmm, maybe some hope for the States yet...nawwww). End up wif a $199 bin and did not even get laid. Let wifey drive home. Post on Nanaplaza!

PM me wif yer travel schedule, bro!

Cheers,

SD

Archived