Where can I do my own laundry?

stonepony

Can anyone tell me where I can do my own laundry around the JW Marriott area? The Marriott is just too expensive and the last time I had a hotel do my laundry (in Pattaya) all my whites came back pink, :onfire: and they still charged me for it.

Previously I had done my laundry at the Omni, but I am not staying there on my next visit.

The Salon "Elegance" on Soi 4 does laundry, expensive, as are the many Laundry shops on Soi 5. My dear friend owns the laundry shop on the ally between Soi 5 and 7, from Soi 5, on the right, above the internet shop near the Thai house Inn...she is also on the expensive side...she had some problems when her Niece was left in charge for a month, but all seems better now. She offers a bulk rate, which might work out cheaper for a big load of clothes, some other shops might also.

"My dear friend owns the laundry shop on the ally between Soi 5 and 7, from Soi 5, on the right, above the internet shop near the Thai house Inn...she is also on the expensive side...she had some problems when her Niece was left in charge for a month, but all seems better now. She offers a bulk rate, which might work out cheaper for a big load of clothes, some other shops might also."

Actually, she is very reasonable for bulk laundry (70 baht per kilogram and will iron shirts and pants), and has always done quality work for me. I recall one day she was chatting to a farang on her PC in the laundry, and complaining that the farang assumed she was "on the game" because she worked on Sukhumvit.

careful with that one, might get the dirt out but not the smell.

what i did in the old unmarried backpacker days and when off alone still at times:

leave the laundry in the detergent for a while, half an hour or one hour. then brush it thoroughly, and then - most important: a good rinse, many times dunk and wring it - only that way you will get the smell completely out. oh yeah, and putting the shirts under the matress gives a bit of an ironing effect.

safes you money for the gym as well. ;)

shotover said:

"My dear friend owns the laundry shop on the ally between Soi 5 and 7, from Soi 5, on the right, above the internet shop near the Thai house Inn...she is also on the expensive side...she had some problems when her Niece was left in charge for a month, but all seems better now. She offers a bulk rate, which might work out cheaper for a big load of clothes, some other shops might also."

Actually, she is very reasonable for bulk laundry (70 baht per kilogram and will iron shirts and pants), and has always done quality work for me. I recall one day she was chatting to a farang on her PC in the laundry, and complaining that the farang assumed she was "on the game" because she worked on Sukhumvit.

Yes, an on going problem. Now married and has a new kid, tell her hi from me! :)

Archived