How do I uninstall annoying programs.

sky brow

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct about reinstalling. The problem is that the instructions in the deinstall manuals don't fit, as the nastiness changes. Takes a couple of hours to reinstall. You can do serveral unsuccessful attempts to remove the shit and spend more time.

One big problem is services, they change the name of the shit all the time. The best bet is to find an uninfected computer similar to the one you have, and kill all stuff which isn't similar or can be linked to an application you know of. Goes for startup stuff in registry also.

would you believe you'll be heading into the dangerous land of REGEDIT.

Check with your OS for the command to resite the values in the Registry so if you mess up you can go back to the original and try again. Remember thje registry is like a minefield so be carefull!

carlton68,

It was my own fault I was infected.I was having a look in one of IE folders.I opened one that had some strange name,a bunch of letters that made no sense.I just looked for it,cant find it now.I then went back to what I was doing,checking out nvidia drivers on the net.Any way norton pops up asking for permission for IE to access the net,thought it was strange because I wasnt using that browser.It was low risk access so I let it through.Next thing nortons flashing at me telling me I am having a attack and it was to late.One trojan on the pc.Since then I have been very carefull on whats accessing the pc or the net.

how are you fixed for cyber condoms...I have a McAfee program that runs all the time, installs updates, tells me it the update requires a reboot and I use Ad ware 6.0 to deal with those little peskys....There a lots of places on line that are there to distroy you and even caught a poster from another board trying to enter my computer....I've been very lucky since all this new stuff. Pus my ISP has a good programs and firewall. You may want to look a the level of protection as new shite pops up all day!

Archived