"It's getting cold"

Zaad

CC,

My daughter has seen some theme park in BKK, on a commercial on tv, that has snow. Now she wants me to take her there when school lets out next week so she can see it. Ack! I'm here in Thailand trying to avoid that crap, darling! Let's just go to the beach huh? :-) Needless to say I'll be playing in the snow next week in Bangkok. Who'd a thunk it! I still can't wait to get the wife and look sow over to Boston one winter when we have one of our many raging blizzards. I'm gonna make 'em stand around outside for ten or fifteen minutes and then let them in and ask them if they now understand the concept and meaning of the word "COLD"! :-)

Cent

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cent said:

My daughter has seen some theme park in BKK, on a commercial on tv, that has snow. Now she wants me to take her there when school lets out next week so she can see it. Needless to say I'll be playing in the snow next week in Bangkok. Cent

She must be referring to Dreamworld in northern Bangkok which has an attraction named Snow Land. Nice scene to take photos for her to show her schoolmates, and fun to ride the sleds down the slope. See Dream world info

[color:"red"]Thin blood methinks!

[/color]

That is so true. I spent 2 winters in Nebraska and I swear I thought I was going to die after spending 16 years in Louisiana which was very mild in winter. I was told also that it depends what ones eat, whatever it is, now in my area is 32F this morning, had to turn the heater on, too cold too fast for me. :o

Hubby still thinks that "There are 3 seasons in Thailand, hot, very hot and damm hot". :D

Jasmine

Hi Jas,

After reading Bill Bryson's descriptions of the weather in various US States (usually in comparison to his home state of Iowa, which sounds bitterly cold ...), and the ambience that each town possessed, 'Utopia' seems to be Charlotte, NC.

Several towns in Georgia also rated well in the 'not-just-another-strip-mall' criteria laid down by Mr Bryson. He was generally impressed with the South, much to his own amazement, after many years in England. I'm afraid I cant remember what he said about Louisiana specifically, but much of the book was the lament of someone who had to search long and hard to find traces of the America of his youth.

jasmine said:

[color:"red"]Thin blood methinks!

[/color]

... now in my area is 32F this morning, had to turn the heater on, too cold too fast for me. :o

Hubby still thinks that "There are 3 seasons in Thailand, hot, very hot and damm hot". :D

Jasmine

Uh-oh. I just booked a flight to visit Virginia for 2 weeks, leaving in 2 days. All I have is one lightweight, button front sweater! :brrr:

And... I think there are 4 seasons: those mentioned by your hub and "damn hot with rain"

:)

[color:"red"] Uh-oh. I just booked a flight to visit Virginia for 2 weeks, leaving in 2 days. All I have is one lightweight, button front sweater! :brrr:

[/color]

All I can say is you need more than that. Hubby has not been in Thailand on the 4th season yet. :D

You have got to see my Hubby at the beginning of last march huffing away in the heat in Thailand. Who says skinny people (he is 6'3", 160 lbs) can handle the heat better than pleasantly plump people? Not my Hubby I am sure! :D :D

Jasmine

[color:"red"] I'm a cold weather person deep down, give me icy crisp winter mornings anyday!

[/color]

My Hubby is the same way, living in the South for over 20 years did not change him a bit. For me I will never get used to the temperature lower than 70F :o

Jasmine

Jas,

Send the hubby up to Surin in November and December and sit him outside in an open air bar/restaurant in shorts and a t-shirt. He'll change his mind quickly! :-) Or up in Chiang Mai outskirts, or definitely Loei in the mountains. It does get cold/cool here in certain areas at certain times of the year. It surprised me a bit though first time. I enjoy it. Hey, at least it doesn't snow here in Surin, and it ain't THAT cool/cold. Just a bit refreshing! :-)

As for the thin blood. Yeah, it happens to me as well after a few months here. Then I go back to Boston during a winter month and can never seem to get warm! Blood thins out or something. Froze my gonads off last winter when I spent about 2 1/2 months there. Only way to get warm was an hour in the hot tub! :-)

Cent

Archived