"It's getting cold"

Zaad

[color:"red"] Send the hubby up to Surin in November and December and sit him outside in an open air bar/restaurant in shorts and a t-shirt. He'll change his mind quickly! :-) Or up in Chiang Mai outskirts, or definitely Loei in the mountains. It does get cold/cool here in certain areas at certain times of the year. It surprised me a bit though first time. I enjoy it. Hey, at least it doesn't snow here in Surin, and it ain't THAT cool/cold. Just a bit refreshing! :-)

[/color]

We are going to be in Thailand in Jan. and I will try to take him to Lampang, Lumpoon area. I took him to Maesod (where I grew up) at the end of Jan. once, it was not cold like when I was little but comfortable, he thinks I imagined it when I told him that the water had ice on top in Dec., when I was growing up. I think many places in Thailand, cool seasons are no longer as cold as 40 years ago, more people do you think?

Boston is downright cold in winters, no matter what standards ones use. Beuatiful now though in Fall, I bet you miss the leaves in Fall. :)

Jasmine

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sayjann said:

i like hot.

but in the UK i prefer the cold to it pissing down with rain..... :nono:

at least when it is cold you can wrap up and i do like walks in the snow.

but if you get wet through it can be so uncomfortable and no fun.

I prefer the heat i find it easier to get cool rather than the other way round.

BTW...we have an invention called the umbrella...wanna buy one :neener:

Hi,

"I prefer the heat i find it easier to get cool rather than the other way round."

Odd, I've always considered the opposite. If you are hot there comes a point when you can't take off more clothes, while there is never a point when you cannot put on more/thicker clothes.

Sanuk!

sometimes my work involves being outside and getting soaking wet is no fun when you have to carry on working in damp clothes.

yes we are provided with wet weather gear but the firm i work for are too much of a cheapskate to provide anything which actually keeps put the rain........ :cussing:

going to raining tomorrow where i live,so i'll just come home from my nightshift and stay in bed....... :grinyes:

will soon be getting cold here and i look forward to those crisp frosty mornings when i can go for a stroll with the GF on a Sunday........bliss

(ending up at the Pub of course).

Actually, the body decays faster in warm + fumid climate. Anyone who has been to Isaan in bahn nok must have seen this. Not talking about air cond cities here, but where there is no escape from the heat, dust etc.

Cold climate is like a fridge, and by jolly - many Thai ladies keep well here in cold Norway!

Cheers!

I do love the Thai weather but I feel a lot lazier than back in Holland. I train 5 times a week and I need A LOT of motivation and discipline to accomplish this as it seems I'm always running out of energy.

The Dutch cold weather seems to absorb my laziness and I always feel I have all the energy in the world. :)

sayjann said:

sometimes my work involves being outside and getting soaking wet is no fun when you have to carry on working in damp clothes.

yes we are provided with wet weather gear but the firm i work for are too much of a cheapskate to provide anything which actually keeps put the rain........ :cussing:

going to raining tomorrow where i live,so i'll just come home from my nightshift and stay in bed....... :grinyes:

will soon be getting cold here and i look forward to those crisp frosty mornings when i can go for a stroll with the GF on a Sunday........bliss

(ending up at the Pub of course).

Ha ha.

25c Sunday here...we are going on a picnic...warm sunny..the cricket is on at 2.30pm(will be back for that)...life is good ...life is great...if in OZ :neener:

Hope you feel better :D

Zaad said:

I do love the Thai weather but I feel a lot lazier than back in Holland. I train 5 times a week and I need A LOT of motivation and discipline to accomplish this as it seems I'm always running out of energy.

The Dutch cold weather seems to absorb my laziness and I always feel I have all the energy in the world. :)

I wonder why Zaad?

Too many MPs!!!!! :neener:

[color:"red"] I do love the Thai weather but I feel a lot lazier than back in Holland. I train 5 times a week and I need A LOT of motivation and discipline to accomplish this as it seems I'm always running out of energy.

[/color]

The hot weather does slow you down, however, it can be being married? :D:hug: Really as a wife, I would not mind more energy in the hot weather in Thailand from Hubby. The heat seems to wear him out very easily. He has similar problem here in summers besides getting old (that is not your problem yet). Funny though he seems to have energy for motorcycle classes and officiating HS football, just seems to pass out when he gets home :(

Jasmine

Archived