A Thai family life!

MrX

Just an anecdote with a bit of wondering...

Darling is 32 and from Chang Mai. She first married in her late teens and had a son a couple of years later . She was pregnant with their second child when he found a "mia noi" and she bailed out of the marriage and aborted the child. OK the years pass; her not so young mother looks after her grandson while Darling does legit massage in Bangkok, sends money home....

2 years ago Darling fell in love with Panom a modestly paid post office worker here in Bangkok. They move in together. 4 months ago she falls pregnant..thing is her massage shop is failing and after the birth she plans to work in Hong Kong on renewable one month on one month off visas...guess who is going to look after the baby?

Why do they do it?

I would not be surprised if she is sucked into the P4P scene in Hong Kong on a freelancer basis. I know a couple of girls who went over as domestic and nursing home helpers and could not resist the money available.

Sad but true.

As to why they dump their kids ? They have to. And grandmama has no choice as both generations are her pension plan. Why do they get pregnant ? Ingnorance, cost of birth control, stupidity and of course, the inevitable pension plan again !

Circle of deprivation and I don't see many ways out of it for the majority, unless they hook a farang.

Hi Rompandadam,

I have asked myself the very same question on more occassions than I care to think about.

And I see this pattern continuing. Being brought up by somebody else than your parents makes it much more obvious to chose this path yourself.

I see thai girls here in Scandia who arrived at a very early age (read mere children), now being mothers themselves, several has sent the kid to family in LOS. :down: and others are contemplating the same.

And really, living in Scandia there is a huge support system in terms of public welfare and whatnot allowing everybody to take care of their kids.

I realize I am a product of my western upbringing, but I cannot help to still find it most disturbing.

I wont even make any speculations as to why they do it. Mak Ngai. :o

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived