AIDS man went on Thai sex spree

Fidel

I saw this on thaivisa.com's message board; disturbing to say the least:

AIDS man went on Thai sex spree

CHAIYAPHUM: -- A German national is believed to have deliberately infected more than 450 young women with the HIV/AIDS virus in Thailand's northern Chaiyaphum province.

The one-legged naval veteran is in jail for overstaying his 30-day tourist visa by three years. His non-immigrant visa had expired in 2001.

Hans-Otto Schiemann, 56, who has lived in Thailand for nine years, said he went on a sexual rampage after testing positive to HIV/AIDS in 2001.

He would cruise in his car, looking for groups of young people after school and offering them the equivalent of their parents' monthly wages to have unprotected sex. They generally agreed.

His core prey consisted of young girls, 15 and older. "They sell their children here," he said. "The only reason I'm in jail is because I had sex with a policeman's daughter."

Schiemann, who was living off a German disability pension, had also offered loans to poor people in return for use of their daughters.

A spokesman for the German embassy said Schiemann had been detained for overstaying his visa but the embassy was not aware of other allegations.

The deputy head of the provincial police station, Kampol Nonuch, said that under Thai law Schiemann could not be held for deliberately spreading the AIDS virus. "Look, we have him on visa charges, but we want to make it much harder for him than that . . . if we let him go, he might just end up in Cambodia, Laos or Burma and keep spreading this disease," he said.

The Public Health Ministry wants Chaiyaphum's young women tested for HIV, regardless of whether they have had sex with Schiemann. Local hospital staff had posted more than 2000 warnings about the German, urging girls to have blood tests. In response to the appeal, 66 girls had tested positive out of a town of 30,000 people.

"We don't know how many people he has infected, but it's somewhere in the vicinity of 400 to 500," a health official said.

Schiemann's common-law wife, Noi, is dying from AIDS and has allegedly suffered several violent attacks by Schiemann.

--The Age, AU 2004-10-12

Fidel said:

The Public Health Ministry wants Chaiyaphum's young women tested for HIV, regardless of whether they have had sex with Schiemann. Local hospital staff had posted more than 2000 warnings about the German, urging girls to have blood tests. In response to the appeal, 66 girls had tested positive out of a town of 30,000 people.

--The Age, AU 2004-10-12

If he did what they say, that is reprehensible, at least to me.

If they are using this datum mentioned above as the basis of their claim that "A German national is believed to have deliberately infected more than 450 young women with the HIV/AIDS virus in Thailand's northern Chaiyaphum province." and "We don't know how many people he has infected, but it's somewhere in the vicinity of 400 to 500," a health official said.", then that is also reprehensible.

What does "deliberately infected" mean?

Why would the ministry only want girls from this province tested?

How many of the 66 had unprotected sex with this guy?

Is it 66 out of 66 tested or 66 out of 30,000? If the latter, then we would have to congratulate the locals on having the lowest rate of infection of anyplace in Thailand. (BTW, it's obviously somewhere between these extremes).

Glad they caught him- maybe now there will be no more HIV in Thailand (Kon Thai: if it wasn't for that German, we wouldn't be having this HIV problem ...).

Maybe he can get Thammachat on his defense team.

The same story was also published in the Nation. However with the remark that the HIV status of the guy was unknown even after he has been arrested. The Nation has been widely attacked for unprofessional journalism in publishing such a story based on assumptions and only on the words of the guy?s wife without knowing the facts. After a lot of criticism (online comments) they never mentioned the case again, which speaks for it self.

If the guy is believed to have infected 400-500 girls it means that he must have fucked at least 40000-50000 times within these 3 years as the HIV transmission ratio is estimated to be 100 to 10000, if an infected person has sex with a healthy person. Not bad for 55 year old disabled man. :bow:

If it is further true that he has been paying an average monthly income, which is hardly below 2000 THB, he must have spent at least 20.000.000 THB assuming he slept 4 times on average with each girl. The German disability pension must be really great, no wonder that their social system is collapsing :neener:

An alternative story could easily be that his Thai wife cheated on him with her ex or another Thai guy and caught HIV that way. The German left her without any money and the wife made up the story in order to safe face and/or get some cash. ::

I don?t know why this bullshit was ever published at all. It definitely damages Thailand?s international reputation as it splendidly supports the claim that all Thai women are likely to sell their body, if only the price is right, and the police is corrupt and does nothing to arrest the culprit until an officer?s family became personally involved. TIT at is best. ::

Hi,

>>>>>>An alternative story could easily be that his Thai wife cheated on him with her ex or another Thai guy and caught HIV that way. The German left her without any money and the wife made up the story in order to safe face and/or get some cash.<<<<<

Story first came to light, with infected wife, very sick, going on a local Thai TV station, because she knew what her husband was doing, and felt it necessary to protect others in her town. He does nothing but prey, all day long, she says.

She is dying, from the disease that he gave her, and did not want to die, without first warning the general populous. She felt very guilty of not saying something before. It appearently has been going on for years. She said he was very abusive to her, but as she is in the last stages, didn't want to die, without speaking out.

I doubt the numbers the Thai press is reporting, only because his pension can only be so much, and it's reported that he usually did pay for the sex. But appearantly, he also used his disability to attract a number of 'freebie's'.

What a sick F**K. :censored:

Hardy641.....I found your comment to be more than a little disturbing:

>>>>>>If the guy is believed to have infected 400-500 girls it means that he must have fucked at least 40000-50000 times within these 3 years as the HIV transmission ratio is estimated to be 100 to 10000, if an infected person has sex with a healthy person. Not bad for 55 year old disabled man. :bow:<<<<

You do know that he knew he was infected since 2001, don't you? >Not bad for a 55 year disabled man?:bow: <

What are you thinking? :banghead:

HT

HT,

I think you read Hardy's post all wrong. He is simply pointing out serious inconsitencies in the published story. He is simply saying that the guy could not have infected that much girls in a 3 year span even if he wanted too. Both his money and his stamina would have run out long before that.

I do agree that the guy is a sick fuck if only 1 % of the story is true.

Hi soongmak,

I re-read, and understand what you are saying. I should have read more carefully. :o Sorry, Hardy6**.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This is related to another thread about personal rights, as opposed to being a danger to the community (HIV infected persons). It does seem ludicrous that the Thai officials can do nothing to stop this guy from continuing. ::

Luckily, is now locked up for visa violations. But this does really hit home, about giving a person total freedom in this case. Many years ago I was quarantined to my house by the health department, after contracting infectious hepatitis in Mexico. I was considered a health threat, to society at large, which I could easily agree with. I know that was an infectious disease, as opposed to HIV, but still....

The question still must be asked........when does personal freedom overcome the safety of the general population? It should be a crime to have unprotected sex with anyone, without their knowledge. if you are infected.

I think situations like this, bear out the importance of that. It's a reckless disregard for another human life. In this case, many lives. How can we ever hope to control this devastation, without being able to control guys like this? If he had Tyfoid fever (sp?), infectious hepatitis, ebola, bubonic plague......the health dept. would step in, and put the public's rights, before his. How is this different? If it can be determined that someone is recklessly endagering other lives, why have different rules for HIV infected individuals? :dunno:

HT

>>The Public Health Ministry wants Chaiyaphum's young women tested for HIV, regardless of whether they have had sex with Schiemann <<

Wow. That is a unique approach. If one HIV + german justifies testing every girl in a city/province, then every girl in thailand should be tested. There is at least one HIV+ male whoring around in every thai province. This is statistically incontrovertable.

>>"We don't know how many people he has infected, but it's somewhere in the vicinity of 400 to 500," a health official said.<<

Sounds to me like the health official is the victim of HIV hysteria. Over a 3 year period he would have to have sex 3 times a week with a different girl each time and 100% infection each time. The level of HIV education in thailand must be miserably lacking if this was really a 'health official' talking.

The question still must be asked........when does personal freedom overcome the safety of the general population? It should be a crime to have unprotected sex with anyone, without their knowledge. if you are infected.

I hope you're asking this in general and not to me. :)

I've had it with this discussion. :censored:

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived