times up

barflyrex

I just spotted this artical in the phuket gazette;

PHUKET: A 19-year-old Canadian tourist was electrocuted by a downed power cable in Patong during Saturday?s torrential rains.

Noah Yelizarov, of Richmond, was found on the sidewalk near the Jintana Hotel. A broken electrical cable was nearby.

Firefighters used a piece of wood to move the cable away and retrieve Mr Yelizarov?s body, but he was pronounced dead at Patong Hospital.

Hospital director Dr Taweesak Netwong, told the Gazette the hospital was unable to supply any more information about Mr Yelizarov because ?it?s delicate for tourism?.

:(pretty sad, one minate you having a ball, next thing your out of the game.

I remember being in rainbow1 during songkan and thinking.....mmmm lots of lights and power, and Im standing in 4 inches of water.

I suspect that we'll be hearing a lot more about such incidents in Pattaya in the coming months. Stupid bastards have decided to put all cables underground along Beach Road. When to start it ? the beginning of the rainy season !!!

Poor guys dig the hole and then it fills with water. So they get the water out, it rains and lo and behold, we're back to square one.

Archived