What clean beach area is close to BKK

OCgringo

Just came back from Samet. Its about 3 1/2 hrs on the bus 124B and 100B for the return ferry.

For tv in the bungalow you will need to be at the top end of your price range. But there are tvs in lots of bars showing movies in the evenings and sometimes they even dont have a bar next door playing music so you can hear the dialogue.

Problem with Samet is it is quite small with nothing else to do on the island - you just cant pop away for a couple of hours to do something. The internal roads are horrible, motorbike hire expensive 120B an HOUR! and the songthaew drivers rip off merchants unless you go to the first two resorts Had Sai Kaew or Ao Pai. And the mosquitoes were teh country kind brought up with all the wholesome food - f@cking large in other words. Almost so large that you didnt swat them, you punched them on the nose.

Also at the two places above, the beach gets quite narrow at high tide leaving you no option but to hire one of the deckchairs or move somewhere else. But the beach and sea was still quite clean.

• 4 weeks later...

just go to bang po!!!

less than an hours drive from suk' & great seafood ::

na seriously huahin seems like the best option even I always though that joint to be 4-5hours away, but I guess it can be done in 2,5h so enjoy :D

fidel, any tips how exactly to locate that minivan from victory as that's my homebase & saves the hassle of morchit2? ::

• 2 weeks later...

Archived