The Dark Side

Hi,

I start a new 2nd job soon, so won't be posting on the board much (ok....keep the cheering down :onfire: :p ). But I, of course, will still be MSN'ing with gf every night. Part of our ritual is for her to tell me of strange Thai news happenings, which don't often make it to the usual farang news outlets.

I find them immensely interesting, so thought I would try to post here, as often as I can, as my participation here. Some here, might find amusing (some are funny), or of some interesting value.

Last night:

A midget comedian, was traveling by pick-up to the north, for a performance. Their headlights shown (high-beam ?) into a group of kids on motor bikes, and one threw a rock through the passenger truck window. It hit the midget in the head, and he died, with much blood, and a resulting hole in his head. 17 year old kid was caught, and said he had rock with him, to throw at dogs??? Midget had married a midget girl 1 year before, and they had a baby, 1 year old. Kid was let go of any charges, because of age ::. Luckily, midget man belonged to a comedian's federation, who would be helping out wife and baby through ordeal. Apparently, Midget comedian was much loved, was a very nice guy, and had many friends.

Monk fell in love with a girl, who then wanted to break it off. Family had taken 60,000 baht, and a motor bike, from him. He confronted them, and ended up shooting girl, her mother, and girl's little sister. They all died.

HT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

web movie

This is VID of snake eating woman's arm last month, when she went to the outhouse. Huge anaconda. About 75 miles north of BKK, if i remember correctly.

Note: Is slow to load, if not on broadband.

HT

web page

Is a centepede found in a famous Nakhon Pathom restaurant, the other night. Is big news there. It was found in a dessert of sticky rice mixed with coconut milk, wrapped in bamboo. It's opened up, then eaten.

I guess this restaurant will be doing a less than brisk trade, for a while. ::

HT

HIGH THAIED said:

web page

Is a centepede found in a famous Nakhon Pathom restaurant, the other night. Is big news there. It was found in a dessert of sticky rice mixed with coconut milk, wrapped in bamboo. It's opened up, then eaten.

I guess this restaurant will be doing a less than brisk trade, for a while. ::

HT

May be an Issan delicacy that it unknown as to now. :neener:

I remember reading a few years back about a circus midget in the north of Thailand, who during one performance was catapulted off a sea-saw, into the air and accidentally into the mouth of a yawning hippo, which was waiting in the wings to come on as part of the next act. He was subsequently swallowed and the audience applauded for quite a while before they realized that it wasn?t part of the show.

Snake head,

Actually, this conversation came about because gf said people (adults) are swallowed whole, on a fairly regular basis in Thailand. Right before showing me the above, she sent a pic of a snake cut open, with a full grown adult inside. I thought is was a doctored pic, but it wasn't. And yes, lady in video was incredibly docile about the whole incident. Unless just frozen in fear, and in shock. :dunno:

Ed ZEP,

:: Now there is some *bad* luck, for you!

HT

Archived