saraburi sunflowers

iuytrede

I have no idea how you would use public transport but I would recommend hire of taxi for the day and make the trip through Saraburi on Highway 1 and then take Highway 21 (bear right) about 20 km north. There will be fields of sunflowers not far from that intersection and to make it a day take a right turn a little further on to Phasak Chonlasit Dam and more sunflower fields and a very popular spot at dam for picnic (but expect crowds on weekends).

• 11 months later...

There is a special train runs from Hua Lampong certainly weekends during sunflower time but maybe every day - I cannot remember. It is dirt cheap, less than B100 I think. It goes to the sunflower area and stops where you get off the train and wander about for a while, lots of vendors waiting for the train of course.

You get back on and the train proceeds to a lake somewhere near Lopburi where you stay around 2 hours. And guess what? When you get there there is a big market.....and more vendors!

The sunflowers were great but the lake was a let down, not a nice lake, concrete sides and dull landscape.

My info is about 3 years old so get a Thai to call Hua lampong railway station to check it out.

I am guessing you might be at the end of the sunflower season now so be quick.

Archived