A penny saved is a penny earnd

BadaBing

The Associated Press

Updated: 3:23 p.m. ET Nov. 16, 2004CLEVELAND

It?s the lowliest coin in the country. But on Tuesday the humble penny added a lot of shine ?$14,000 worth ? to one man?s bank account.

Eugene Sukie has spent decades saving and storing the copper coins in his basement but Tuesday he took his collection to a counting machine at his local grocery store, which recorded more than 1.4 million pennies.

One grocery store worker says it was an unbelievable sight, with hundreds of cardboard boxes and thousands of penny rolls, each organized by year.

The worker says Sukie was worried that he and his wife are getting older and eventually won?t be able to get the pretty pennies out of their basement.

Bada :beer: Bing

Pennies accumulate like fleas. You get them in your change then never use them again 'cos who the hell wants to carry around a pocketful of worthless coins? Hate'em ::

I did get rid of a pile when I had my son seperate out the pennies and nickels from the dimes and quarters that I had accumulated in a jug. He got about $35.00 when we took it to the counting machine. He doesn't hate'em. ::

Badabing, aren't those machines at the grocery store, Coinstar machines that charge 8.9%? If so, the he cheated himself out of a lof of money. Assuming its 14k net, he gave them...okay, math was my worst subject...someone calculate it...hmm, you carry the 1...add the.... :dunno::doah:

chocolat steve said:

Badabing, aren't those machines at the grocery store, Coinstar machines that charge 8.9%? If so, the he cheated himself out of a lof of money. Assuming its 14k net, he gave them...okay, math was my worst subject...someone calculate it...hmm, you carry the 1...add the.... :dunno::doah:

Yeah , I beleive it's some percentage like that , I think they use the term " not 100% accurate , may be off 8.9% " , he shoulda took'm directly to the bank or Fort Knox for safe keeping... :grinyes:

Bada :beer: Bing

Lusty said:

I think Stickman did something similar as its rumoured that he has very short arms and even deeper pockets!BUT its only "hearsay" though:hubba:

I have heard the same , or shall I say witnessed the same about Chocolat Steve :shhh: Each time he and I have dinner , his pockets get deeper and my wallet lighter... :cover:

Bada :neener: Bing

Archived