Appreciation....not a story.

Just a word of appreciation to all those who write up trip reports/stories.

I noticed some reports have no responses...but that doesn't mean they aren't being read.

Believe me, they are.

I have never been to Thailand...but hope to visit soon...and all the reports/stories are worth their weight in gold!

I encourage more farangs to write...and promise to write my own upon my first visit.

Thanks again.

Agree 100%.

This section must be the most popular on this board,yet has little feedback.

Some of the best reports have had some of the fewest responses. Maybe the readers are just mesmerised and lost for words..

I have to agree with you guys on this one. I too derive immense pleasure from reading about other board members experiences, but I feel that any reply posted will pale into insignificance when compared to the original posting.

The amazing thing is that many of the experiences shared (especially Cent's up-country reports) actually represent my own experiences, and I find that I can empathise with many of the things written.

Yeah, you guys. Thoughful post. What can you say? When an author publishes a good novel, what are you going do(?)--write him a postcard saying, "Good book, man." No. Keep those trip reports coming. smile.gif" border="0

Note to trip reporters (though)--it is not necessary to recount your orgasms with adjectives such as, "fantastic," etc. crazy.gif" border="0

Everyone,

As a recent poster of a trip report, I just want to say that the thanks and accolades that I received were really what got me through writing all the reports. When I started, I had no idea if people just thought it was boring, not enough sex, too much sex, or just another newbie writing about everything that he did wrong. I think also when you are a newbie, EVERYTHING is new, so it's hard to collapse it all into a paragraph or two, and to tell what people want to know about.

If you do read the reports, try to drop the writer a note. I don't know about everyone else, but it really motivated me. Now that I know how difficult and personal one of these things can be, I try to respond to as many as possible.

And for those of you who did write a kind comment, thanks again!

Just my thoughts....

T

Agreed, there are some great stories here, it's possibly the most interesting part of the board for me. There's not a report in here where I can't identify with a lot of what the writer experienced.

As a poster of a fair few trip reports on the old Delphi board I know how easy it is to become discouraged by a lack of feedback but in truth a lot of the time any comment seems pretty lame in comparison to the original.

I echo tbear's sentiment that a little extra encouragement for posters of reports wouldn't go amiss, it's easy to think nobody values the stuff when you get no replies, or even that nobody actually read it at all!

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

Note to trip reporters (though)--it is not necessary to recount your orgasms with adjectives such as, "fantastic," etc.
crazy.gif" border="0

Damn, half of my writing entails describing my orgasms! You mean I can't say "fabulous" anymore!

Seriously, I was wondering if people were reading my drivel and always appreciate comments or criticisms and will always be happy to answer questions.

I wish I had saved the first trip reports that I wrote about my newbie trip on the old Delphi board. They would be fun for me to re-read now and laugh about all the stupid shit that I did, although they were nowhere near as good as Tbear's newbie reports.

Ranger

Ranger,

You are an appreciated legend on this young board, to be sure.

I was just pointing out that "fantastic," and "orgasm," are redundant, when combined, particularly in a LOS setting. smile.gif" border="0

Hey, I remember that, when we were getting kicked off Delphi, several members claimed to have mass downloaded all the old posts. I have been tempted to explore that issue somewhere on this board, because I, too, would appreciate reading those "ol' classics." I just haven't decided how I will frame a post that would effectively launch a favorable handling of this wish. crazy.gif" border="0

Have a good one. And, I know you will. laugh.gif" border="0

Archived