Flu Pandemic Imminent...

CondomKing

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/BKK238411.htm

This subject was just discussed on CNN in the US and it caught my attention because my wife has just recovered from an illness that I was afraid might kill her!

Unfortunately, right now I must attend to business in the US while she is in Thailand running the condom business, supervising the new house construction and holding her mother's hand through two cataract operations. So, lately she is a busy girl and when she became ill we thought it was because she was run down and susceptible to fatigue/mild flu/head cold, food poison?

After two days sick in bed at our office in Bangkok, she was required to travel north to the village to deal with the house building project but was rushed to the hospital from the overnight train and put on an IV drip with severe headache, chills, fever and nausea. There she remained for two days lapsing in and out of consciousness. This did give me quite a scare.

After two days she did feel a little better, enough to go home, where she had a relapse, threw up, headache, fever, etc. At this point it was believed by her and her family that some neighbor had cast a black magic spell on her out of jealousy of her ability to build a new house, and the money it takes to fund such a project. The local shaman was called in to remove the spell, which he did successfully and she made a complete recovery the next day.

BTW, her brother and sister in law also became ill, but not as serious, they have recovered, and did not require the services of the medicine man.

One, I am glad she recovered reasonably quickly and two the medicine man/jealousy angle is a classic Thai explanation of ...the flu.Same same Bali...

My friend,driver and head village man in Bali renovated the front of his home/compound in Denpassar with classic Balinese carvings and woodwork,new roof really lovely and then he caught typhus.Everyone said the same/ jealous neighbors cast spell

Seriously I hope to hell I do not get the flu this year as last year I got that cough in April and it lasted 3 weeks. Boy was I grumpy...

Glad to hear that she recovered. I woke up this morning with sinuses congested and hope that it isn't the start of the flu. You have contact info for that shaman? Can a video feed be set up, and will his power work over the feed?

Shit, that is a great business idea.

Yes, technology can expedite your recovery. :)

When my wife relapsed she called Bangkok to consult with her spitual advisor who then conferred with the local medicine man by phone to instruct him on the necessary incantations to administer. :)

The outcome may seem to be coincidence but it is hard to deny the results that my wife has had from belief in this spiritual system. :up:

Update: I've just been informed that the wife has brought in the spiritual advisor from Bangkok. He arrived this morning.

He was scheduled to come around this time anyway, since he has been retained to enshrine a special small spirit house in the corner of the family land which is where her deceased Dad prefers to reside.

Anyway, lucky thing he was scheduled to appear because when he arrived today he was also able to remove any and all residual black magic effects from my wife's body for once and for all.

He has also predicted that one of her neighbors will come down with what she had (only worse) within the next three days and that will be the person who cast the black magic spell on my wife and her family. More to follow...

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you went along with your wife and allowed her to see the shaman. In the West we have a hard time understanding this, but this type of practice is also done, I believe, in all parts of the world. In some places it is more out in the open then in other places.

Those from the west may laugh at this but if you visit Phuket during the Vegetarian Festival and watch the number of people who can inflict wounds to themselves and feel no pain - you have to give it a second thought.

Shamanism does mimic hypnosis. During the 1800's, some people had amputations and experienced no pain from the operation because they were in a hynotic state. To get a person into such a state, normally took several days whereas modern anethesia only takes moments. This is the main reason why hypnosis is not used for surgery today.

Archived