The magic figure

gobbledonk

[color:"red"]However i wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I am fit healthy and active. I need the stimulation and interaction with people and i also need the discipline that a job gives you.

[/color]

My Hubby fits into this category even at 63, so he teaches motorcycle safety courses, officiating HS footballs and work at other small projects.

What the freedom of retirement gives us is the choices to do or not to do. I find that spending retirement with a good partner makes the world of difference. :)

Jasmine

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey 63 isn't old. I used to think it was when i was younger but now i see that i am not so far off that number it doesn't seem so old

Gotta agree, even at the tender age of 45 :)

Remember when we were teenagers (!) and couldnt come to grips with the concept that we would, disaster notwithstanding, reach *30* one day ? I think a lot of our fears of 'old age' were based on the poor role models that we had : in the 1960's and 70's, many of those who had reached retirement age had lived *very* hard lives. I dont pretend to be a 'fit, feisty forty-something', but I'm not driving fenceposts into the ground in 45 deg heat, then spending every Friday and Saturday drinking myself into a stupor. Well, most weeks anyway ::

[color:"red"] Hey 63 isn't old. I used to think it was when i was younger but now i see that i am not so far off that number it doesn't seem so old.

[/color]

How true, I remember thinking that 30 was OLD :o

Now I actually think 30 is just young, nothing else :: :devil:

Jasmine

[color:"red"]Gotta agree, even at the tender age of 45

[/color]

You are at the tender age allright :D However, I remember working terribly hard at your age and didn't get that tired. Then when I turned 50, every hard work was taxing so age is the factor physically and mentally. :o

But dear Artiew, they say that married people stay young and happy longer, so when are you getting married? I also need a piece of wedding cake, ok? :hug: And it will make you stay happy, hopefully.

Jasmine

But dear Artiew, they say that married people stay young and happy longer, so when are you getting married? I also need a piece of wedding cake, ok? And it will make you stay happy, hopefully.

Alas, Jasmine, I fear that Ms Indonesia (apologies to the broken-hearted Thai and Chinese women out there !) and I will never be wed. I simply couldnt give her the same lifestyle that she currently enjoys in Jakarta, albeit on the modest wage of an office worker. If you saw my thread on 'this Russian woman', you may have noticed the phrase 'committment-phobic', and I think it was the realisation that M and I cant have a future which has led me to a 'confirmed bachelor' status. Short of a major lottery win, the best I can hope for is a comfortable retirement and the odd trip to Asia to remind me how lucky I am. ::

walletss said:

" Indeed, we (the retired) don't have any more time to waste.".

Ok Could you gives us a rundown on how you fill in your time on a day to day basis over a typical month?

We already have an idea of your budget so I would like to know how you spend your time? I

Where are you exactly?

Work, money, religion, war is that what humanity is all about?

Flush the toilet....

The education system does not prepare for work, does not learn how to educate children.

Mankind invented machines but is still unable to free himself from work/money slavery etc etc....

My day?

6.30-7.30 bycicle ride often with visit to local morning market

7.30-9.00 sweat-out, breakfast, shower

9.00-11.00 internet (NP, mails, research)

11.00-12.00 relaxing, reading, cleaning

12.00-13.00 lunch

13.00-14.00 sieste

14.00-17.00 writing, reading, learning (thai, english for gf) too much to mention here

17.00.18.00 swim, badmington, shower

18.00-20.00 make food or go restaurant

20.00-xxxx watch news tv, shower, play indecent games

2,3x week go shopping and lunch in town

sometimes go visit/talk with farangs around the village/beach

We rarely go visit other places, seen it all anyway (well almost that is)

There are many things I would like to add to my life, such as doing research, lecture at a university but then there are choices to make....

Nervous_Dog said:

Because he wants to keep his brain working.

and now, they are going nuts, their brains yell out, feeed meee, feed me something interesting to do, while their small one eyed buddy says FUCCK IT

DOG

i am 36, and have been seriously underemploeyed since two and a half years, not much money, but enough to pay the bills and have a half decent lifestyle.

it takes huge effort every day to kick me in me arse and get up and do something, so that my skills don't rot, my vision doesn't die, that my brain is kept busy, and that when my industry finally sees better days again i can be there as i was before.

retiring when you still have the strength to work is madness, IMHO, especially in this place.

the old saying: be careful what you wish for - it might come true. earlier than you wish. :(

Archived