The magic figure

gobbledonk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] I am not usre why a man if he is healthy would want to retire at 55.

[/color]

OK, I am not a man and retired before the age of 55 :o

I don't think the age is the main factor here, there are many things in life besides work.

I have been retired for a year now and my health, mental and physical is so much better. Hubby is also retired but at the age of 63 and he is having a great time. IMO, there are times when ones can say enough is enough.

Money is only a tool, a tool should be used for our happiness, don't you think?

Jasmine

jasmine said:

[color:"red"] I am not usre why a man if he is healthy would want to retire at 55.

[/color]

Yea, me either..fishing all day, reading what you wanted, writing stories and not having a time schedule really sounds like a horrible lifestyle....

Kind of like the analogy of getting married quickly.." I don't want to spend my life alone."

Funny, some of the lonliest people I know are married men and women..

late.

I agree Jas, but the decision as to whether or not to retire is entirely up to the individual. When you look at people like Rupert Murdoch, its clear that they get off on the continuing 'game' of running an empire, but I can also relate to the guys who just want the freedom of being able to fish all day or whatever. I do agree that keeping our minds active is important, and its claimed that the first to succumb to Alzheimers are those who have allowed themselves to become 'passive' thinkers : imagine if some of us allowed our brains to go in the same direction that our bellies have over time ::

Whatever your individual decisions, I sincerely hope that the world economy holds up long enough for those considering retirement to be able to do so with dignity.

Keep the faith,

Artie

Nervous_Dog said:

Because he wants to keep his brain working.

I've mates here who have "Retired", some of those lucky buggers at a age below 40, and now, they are going nuts, their brains yell out, feeed meee, feed me something interesting to do, while their small one eyed buddy says FUCCK IT

DOG

Sorry, but those guys are idiots.

I met a guy next to me early morning at the local supermarket who dared starting a conversation: "We don't have time to waist any more don't we!?"

Indeed, we (the retired) don't have any more time time to waist.

Those who can not manage their time are the idiots. :banghead:

I suppose it all depends how you have lived your life whether you want to retire early or not.

I have not really sacrficed too much of my life that i am desperate to go and do this or that.

Neither do i hate my job or have too much pressure to consider quitting or retiring.

In theory i could retire now at 47 and live comfortably on 100,000 baht a month for the rest of my days in Thailand.

However i wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I am fit healthy and active. I need the stimulation and interaction with people and i also need the discipline that a job gives you.

The intellectual stimulation aside i think the social aspect of work should not be ignored as this is a very important in giving a person an identity and a role in society.

I don't really have enough money to retire in Australia so i need to get enough money for that before i even consider winding down my work schedule as I would prefer to live in Australia and be able to come and go to Thailand as i see fit.

Anyway horses for courses as everyone is different but wierd as it may seem the older you get the more you need to work or do something fulfilling to keep yourself healthy and alert.

" Indeed, we (the retired) don't have any more time to waist.".

Ok Could you gives us a rundown on how you fill in your time on a day to day basis over a typical month?

We already have an idea of your budget so I would like to know how you spend your time? I

Where are you exactly?

[color:"red"] Ah Jas, who said I have only one wife always looking for more, interesed

DOG - BAD DOG BAD DOG

[/color]

Sorry not in this life time but I will put you on a waiting list for the next life, ok? :D

If you have more than one wives, you must keep the good faith and health and err........money helps too, you know that. ::

Jasmine

Archived