98 million oragomi birds

rickfarang

>>>So Fly, we can;t go to Panang any more, add that to the list?<<<

race riots in malaysia don't concern us westerners. i don't think that i have mentioned otherwise.

what i am saying is that racial tensions in malaysia today are still very much appearant, and any political leader has to be very careful not to incite anything there.

but, if you are not aware what happened only six years ago in penang:

http://www.hvk.org/articles/0498/0067.html

quote:

Date: April 16, 1998

When a tiny Hindu temple began ringing its bells three times a

day in January, they took a serious toll.

Muslims in a nearby mosque complained that the bells were too

loud, and in late March, antagonism had reached a point where

hundreds of Hindus and Muslims rioted in the normally peaceful

streets of Penang. Four people were injured, other Hindu temples

and Muslim mosques were attacked, and nearly 200 rioters were

arrested.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>For a religious book which is supposedly perfect and was spoken by the only man in history Muslims believe was "without sin" (despite his personal conduct), there are surprising contraditions.<<<

and so is the bible.

old testament: eye for an eye...

new testament, serm of the mount: if one hits you on the cheek - hold him the other...

and many others. plus lotsa incest, religiously excused murder, etc.

Flashermac said:

I know a Pakistani who claims that a big problem in his own country is those religious schools. There is not enough money spent on public education in Pakistan, he says. As a result many families have to send their children to religious schools -- where the teachers may not be very well educated and teach ideas which are not really in the Qu'ran. (Many of the ridiculous dress codes, for example, are tribal and ancient. All the Qu'ran demands is that women dress "modestly".) He argues that the US would do better by donating money to build public schools for all children in Pakistan -- and breaking the hold of the religious schools on the poor.

problem is that the suadis have financed those schools since decades in pakisthan, with US approval and support. paksithan was after the fall of the shah regime the single biggest partner of the US in the region.

that's where the taleban was born, where most funding and training of the "mudjaheddin" was conducted (and the international djihad boys in kashmir, same money).

difficult to break the hold of those schools when you were elemantary in building them in the first place. ;)

Fly your comment was that these things happen reglarly, they doont! Last one was over 6, nearly 7 years ago.

Add it too the list, however, before this becomes a he said she said slanging match that is my last word, you, as always, will obviously say something else, thereby dragging down the whole thread into another issue.

PM me if you want to take it further, I sand by all my comments as I work there - if i was about taxis, I'd bow to your experience.

DOG

Flashermac said:

I know a Pakistani who claims that a big problem in his own country is those religious schools. There is not enough money spent on public education in Pakistan, he says. As a result many families have to send their children to religious schools -- where the teachers may not be very well educated and teach ideas which are not really in the Qu'ran. (Many of the ridiculous dress codes, for example, are tribal and ancient. All the Qu'ran demands is that women dress "modestly".) He argues that the US would do better by donating money to build public schools for all children in Pakistan -- and breaking the hold of the religious schools on the poor.

As stated before, education is the key to everything !

BB

>>>I sand by all my comments as I work there -<<<

and so does my cousin (government level), and many friends (mainly malay chinese and western). all whom i visit regularly there.

6 or seven years ago malaysia was already the most modern country in the region, not so much difference to today. what those riots have shown that if not careful governance is continued all the progress malaysia made could be nullified in a second. the anwar question was not about "homosexuality" or "corruption" either - it was race - the only issue malaysia still has serious problems with.

Archived