"Happiness On Earth"

Torneyboy

Hi all.

Amazing Thailand has been the slogan by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to promote Thailand.

For the last two years this slogan/campaign IMO has been very successful.

Easy to say and looks good on a brochure or advertising materials ...great colors etc.

Now TAT is changing to "Happiness On Earth".

This will be the marketing campaign for next year.

The slogan was formally introduced to the media and agents at the world travel market in London.

According to Jutamas Siriwan, the TAT governor,the underlying theme of the new campaign is that "every hour in Thailand is happy hour"

"When people think of traveling,they expect happiness.

And Thailand just matches this criteria.

That is how the slogan was coined.

"This time we have been more careful in choosing the words for this campaign.

Unlike "Amazing Thailand" which can carry both positive and negative connotation,we"re sure that ''happiness" can only have a positive effect", said Jutamas at the conference.

I for one prefer the old slogan...ok maybe have: Exciting Thailand"

or..Visit wonderful Thailand if they feel the need for a change.

What would you like to see as the new slogan?

torneyboy said:

According to Jutamas Siriwan, the TAT governor,the underlying theme of the new campaign is that "every hour in Thailand is happy hour"

"When people think of traveling,they expect happiness.

And Thailand just matches this criteria.

That is how the slogan was coined.

"This time we have been more careful in choosing the words for this campaign.

Unlike "Amazing Thailand" which can carry both positive and negative connotation,we"re sure that ''happiness" can only have a positive effect", said Jutamas at the conference.

This guy has got to be kidding! :doah:

If the TAT is worried about the connotation of thier slogan maybe they should have chosen something like, "Come enjoy family values in the Land Of Smiles." :grinyes:

IMO, in view of Thailand's well known history as a party destination you can't surpress nightlife and then adopt a slogan which is vague enough to appeal to a broad spectrum of tourists and not expect some to attach a "negative" connotation, because for many visitors to Thailand "happiness" is a warm B/G. :dunno:

I thought this was a thread about xmas, sounds like a poor slogan. They want to concentrate on the service, I contacted the office in UK and they not only had never heard of kalasin but did not know where Roi Et was, this is sad but true. They did offer me some leaflets though on museums and the like.Happiness is not TAT. I thought happiness was a cigar called Hamlet-peter

Archived