Jasmine Suites, revisited

BrownFox77

Been close to a year since I stayed in Jasmine Suites. Previous trip stayed in President Solitaire's Platinum suite which was real nice but with their rate increase, even at a monthly rate it was close to $100 US/night. So, spent the month of NOV back in Jasmine Suites in a 1 bdrm Suite at nearly half the cost. Herewith an updated review:

They gave me a nice 1 bedroom corner unit facing Soi 23 with beautiful views of the city. Everything still looked brand new with not a flaw or scratch anywhere. Besides the 2 flat screen TVs (1 in living room, 1 in bedroom) it also had a DVD player and home theatre sound system.

In the large bathroom there was still the shower and extra large bathtub with a nice surpise: the bath had an 8 jet Jacuzzi in it - which worked well indeed. Previously, others staying in the studio units reported the bathroom getting flooded when one takes a shower, never saw that in this or any of the other 1 bdrm suites in Jasmine that I stayed in.

Did have one problem with the Hot water/heat exchanger, it would shut off about once a day for 1st few days. I'd call housekeeping, they'd immediately send someone to "reset" it, day or night. After a few days they decided to install a brand new one and never had any more troubles with it after that.

With the double glazing all around it was dead quiet at all times.

Once again all the girls loved the place, many liked the talking elevators.

Came with free 24/7 high-speed Internet access, I had brought my own CAT V cable and just plugged my laptop up and I was good to go. It would slow down maybe once day usually at the same time, around 2000-2100 but by then I would be heading to the bars already. Good thing I had a personal firewall installed (Zone Alarm Pro) however, someone tried to Admin Share into my laptop at least once a day while I was there but my firewall blocked them (and even told me their machine name and IP address).

When you check in the hotel gives you a free basket of fruit and goodies and fresh flowers for the coffee table, and then about once a week they give you another free fruit backet as well as new flowers.

They still have the in room safe and plenty of drawers and cabinets all over to keep and hide stuff.

The staff were friendly as ever, there's never any ID checks with the girls, and some oldtimers on staff still remembered me.

The "Jasmine City complex" has now grown, in what used to be the vacant next door tower, there's now many businesses including a Boots pharmacy, an Italian restaurant, a Subway sandwiches joint, and now even a fancy gym (however the hotel tower still has a nice free gym for guests).

The "location" of Jasmine is still great, just walk across the street to Soi Cowboy, step to the street and Taxi's constantly going by, and you can go thru the Subway to 'cross under' Asoke to goto Robinsons, etc. There's still the 7/11 right across the street and also a newstand/mini-mart next door as well. Right next to the other tower is a nice bank with a "contained ATM" that seemed pretty safe to get funds from.

Had a great stay and plan to return.

dddave said:

What did you pay for how many days? Any extras?

David

When you book ask for their Corporate rates, I paid the quoted 61,000 baht as the monthly rate for a 58 sqm 1 bdrm, even in high season. And there was absolutly no extras, no SVC charge trash, nothing at all except some add ons like laundry and a few phone calls.

I've always just called them to book from the US using one of those "call Asia" cards, their number is 02-204-5888 and is listed on their new web site as well, which is:

Jasmine Suites

thai3 said:

Is that sign still by the pool saying those with leprosy cannot use it? wierd. I found the air con nosiy and the non buffet breakfast not a good deal. Nice views though and quiet as you say-peter

I never have seen that sign but maybe didn't notice. The one (and only) thing I don't like about the place is the pool - it's location anyways - between the towers it only gets direct sun a couple hours a day. All the rooms I had the air con was OK, made a soft murmer which I liked at night.

asiahand said:

I love the rooms there, but the last time I stayed there in May I couldn't draw any hotwater at all for the shower.

Sounds like you had a bad Heat Exchanger also. The maintenance guys told me they're having trouble with many of the units. I really don't know how they work, they're under the bathroom sink, about the size of a shoe box, yet when they work produce a seemingly endless supply of hot water - not just for the bathroom but for the kitchen as well.

The original heat exhcanger units they used were made in Germany and the brand new one they installed for me was made by the same German company but was a different model.

I never had a problem with hot water for the shower nor even filling up the huge bath to use the Jaccuzzi, however one of the girls I had over did end up with a cold shower and was shivering to death when she came out (my shower right after hers was hot as normal). Sometimes the unit doesn't "engage" where it should and you just have to turn the water lever further towards the "H" setting to get it to kick in - unless it needs to be fully "reset" which means they actually have to remove the power cable to it, and then just re-apply the power (it doesn't have any on/off or power switch, its always on). After doing this for 3 days they gave up and gave me a brand new model.

Archived