Being jostled by katoeys

Bkkbound04

The other night I'd left nana disco at 2am, I was hanging around outside watching the world and all her daughters go by..

A group of kaoteys moved in close to me quite unexpectedly and started jostling & mauling so I moved away,it only lasted a couple of seconds or so.. I had felt a hand moving to my back pocket but as I don't keep a wallet there was'nt too bothered. They moved away easily and quickly enough but then a few seconds later I realised the nokia 6600 was missing from my shirt pocket..damn..I'd used it only a few minutes ealier and maybe that had made me the target.

After 8 yrs of frequent trips here its the first direct personal crime I've been victim of.

Such is life.

JP

Where were you standing ?

I have seen the ladyboy "mob" right out front of the Nanaplaza entrance , also in front of the driveway of Dynasty Inn,

I have never seen then mob anyone in the Nana parking lot.

Too late now , but it would have been good to call your number and see which of the ladyboys had it.

not sure if the cops would have helped.

OC

Broad daylight in Soi 3. Looking at second hand paperbacks on a street stall when approached by katoey for the time of day. Then it was all arms around me shit and 'you go with me'. Pushed it off and checked pockets - all okay but then rather paranoid and slouching around with my hands in my jeans pockets a la Just William...

I was taking the 'Jack Golf" visa run and thinking it departed Suk at Soi 12 at 6 am, I arrived at 05:30. It actually leaves at 7am so when I realized my mistake, I headed for Foodland for some breakfast and to kill time. On Suk., a stocky katoey fell in step with me and made the usual pitch; I politely (big mistake) declined and kept walking. It followed along all the way down Soi 5. I kept telling it to get lost, but it was tenacious. Foodland was packed, so I headed to Coffee World on the other side of Suk. with the babbling buffalo keeping step, talking all the way. I sat in Coffee World, he sat with me, nothing would make him leave; the staff, of course, wanted no part of of it. I ignored him as best I could and read the paper, but he persisted, not beleiving I was waiting for a bus. I finally had to get back to Soi 12 for the bus and he tagged right along. We got to the plaza where the bus picks up and nobody else was there yet. I sat down and it began to try to fondle and hug me. I got really pissed off but I knew if I got violent, I'd end up the big looser; it was really a no win situation. It began to demand money, B400 for wasted time; naturally I told it to "fuck off". It suddenly reached to my face and grabbed my glasses, which I cant live without. It held them above it's head and threatened to smash them if I didn't pay up. I couldn't do it, I was too pissed off. By this time, some other people were beginning to arrive. I couldn't remember the number of the Tourist Police, though I tried faking a call. It was hanging about a block down the street. When the Jack Golf people arrived I tried to get them to call the cops, but, being Thai, no way. They convinced me to give them a hundred baht and they went to him and eventually got the glasses back. It really killed me to pay it's extortion, but as I said, it was a no win situation.

David

>>>Any other country would not allow this to happen in a major tourist place !<<<

BWAHAHA!

you mean like, in amsterdam where i was nearly stabbed a few years ago.

or on the night train i was travelling between venice and munich where almost everybody on the lower berths was robbed.

or the famous pick pockets in rome.

etc...

face it, crime you got everywhere, and especially in major tourism destinations. be happy that sukhumvit is so protected that rarely worse things then thefts happen.

>>> would love it if the Thai Tourist police would line up the ladyboy mob and take pictures etc for a mug book,<<<

how do you know that they don't have such mug books?

they have them. and these katoeys there are regularly rounded up and arrested. only problem is that as long as they are not caught in flagranti, or with the articles, it's not easy to get them convicted. additionally, most tourists are rarely around long enough to testify in the trial.

I was coming out of Nana, headed back towards Sukhumvit and made the right turn going towards Subway. Right where you turn the corner at Suk I had a katoey bump into me and felt its hand go straight into my front pocket. Usually I keep my phone and money there but fortunately that night I was wearing a pair of cargo shorts and had my stash in the side pockets. Farang 1 Katoey 0. I rule. ::

Maybe I should start putting something in my pocket that will give an electric shock with the quick push of a button? Naaah, being as clumsy as I am, I would wind up shocking the hell out my own damn self.

Archived