Being jostled by katoeys

Bkkbound04

I agree here with Fly, it's everywhere. Even in places in Europe that used to be very, very safe just 10-20 years ago, like Dublin or Prague. Not to say anything of the US cities where it's much worse, especially for a tourist who doesn't know the bad parts.

I remember going to St Louis to see a concert. It ended around 11 pm and I had to get to a Greyhound bus station, about 20 minute walk. Not knowing the town I started walking ... big mistake, it was a fucking zoo, luckily a taxi drove by and I flagged it.

OTOH, in Thailand things are often done ... let's just say without the strict sense of legality, so I'm sure the cops could clean it up if they really wanted to.

The Beach Road in Pattaya, right around Royal Garden, got really katoey infested about 2 years ago. Lots of robbed farang. Then, one they, the cops decided to clean it up and it literally took them a few days and you wouldn't recognize the place. Yes, katoeys are still there but they hang out in the shadows on the other side of the street. That way at least you don't run a risk of getting robbed every time you go in or out of Royal.

[color:"green"] only problem is that as long as they are not caught in flagranti, or with the articles, it's not easy to get them convicted. [/color]

:doah: The cops have no problems rounding up the girls standing around Suk or Nana and fining them 500 baht. I am sure they could beat a confession out of them. Or send in a decoy "farang" to get robbed like they do in NYC.

Lady boys can be trying. I had one steal from me one night. As I went to retrive my money, all the lady boy would say is "You touch me - I tell Police".

As I was about to call the Police, while still holding the lady boy, the lady boy decided to give me back my money.

I don?t advocate violence, but a year or so ago, a guy who lives in my apartment block was on his regular walk home from Soi Cowboy and was crossing the footbridge over Sukhumvit, when one coming the other way brushed up against him. He felt a hand go into his pocket and he grabbed it and to find the ladyboy actually holding his wallet. He hit the ladyboy and then noticed that another one was standing nearby acting as a look-out. This one began to run, but because she was running in stilettos, this guy was able to catch up. He?s a big guy and he said he put all his strength into punching this one in the face and she went down. Still, they were back a month or so later (unless it was a different lot). Yeah, I know he did something which is probably a bit risky to do and I don?t know if he changed his routine for going home after that.

On the walk from Coffee World to the Dynasty one early morning about 6 Am, two ladyboys came out of nowhere, one came up and grabbed my crotch and very professionally extracted baht from my front pocket with his other hand. I really hate those crazy katoeys. They can be so Damm aggressive sometimes and it's difficult to keep some of them away without getting into a brawl which would be a big mistake. It's best just to punch them in the face and run.

Myself and the Village Idiot :bow:were raped by the katoeys in this area about 18 months ago.

"What will happen when I tell everyone we got raped twice on Sukumvit tonight?",said VI

"Why twice,we only got raped once" I said

"well we have to walk back that way don't we"said VI ::

carew66 said:

Broad daylight in Soi 3. Looking at second hand paperbacks on a street stall when approached by katoey for the time of day. Then it was all arms around me shit and 'you go with me'. Pushed it off and checked pockets - all okay but then rather paranoid and slouching around with my hands in my jeans pockets a la Just William...

Yep, happened to me too last year in Ptty, lost about 500 baht, I knew (s)he had it, but as it was a small amount of cash, just chalked it up to experience....

Archived