Bangkok Drinking at 3am!!

keith doug

naam said:Second post now. No way for me to proof who I am, although my IP address would put me in Brussels, Belgium.
Maybe, but you know how crafty those Thai MiBs are! :neener:

But I'll take a chance. You can find StarDust nearby the World Trade Centre, across the street and down a couple of back sois. Ask any taxi driver as they get a commission for any punter they bring -- hence the B200 drink prices.

Cheers,

SD

This all consistent with my pet theory that the New Social Order (NSO) crackdown is producing a modern version of prohibition era Chicago. Because there is obviously tremendous demand for what the NSO is trying to prohibit, there will be places available to fill that demand - at a price. The MiB need to be paid to look the other way. Limited supply also helps keep the prices high.

The NSO also creates a powerful economic incentive for those who do operate afterhours to limit the competition. The vested interests here have a very good understanding of the profits that monopolies supply since this is precisely how many of them became so wealthy. Of course as the scene goes further underground, it will get more dangerous.

Gadfly1 said:

This all consistent with my pet theory that the New Social Order (NSO) crackdown is producing a modern version of prohibition era Chicago. Because there is obviously tremendous demand for what the NSO is trying to prohibit, there will be places available to fill that demand - at a price. The MiB need to be paid to look the other way. Limited supply also helps keep the prices high.

The NSO also creates a powerful economic incentive for those who do operate afterhours to limit the competition. The vested interests here have a very good understanding of the profits that monopolies supply since this is precisely how many of them became so wealthy. Of course as the scene goes further underground, it will get more dangerous.

Yep, time for me to stock up in the 7-11, bring a few ladies back and have a night in :chili::yay::elephant::grouphug::beer:

Archived