Air Asia, Is this the worlds worst airline?

Fatbastard

Their slogan should be Air Asia. We don't give a shit!

I have been travelling for 30+ years and struck some bad ones in China, Russia etc but this one takes the cake. They just don't know what they are doing. Worse than that they couldn't care less how many people they piss off. I could give you a list of the cockups on one brief return trip to KL, but it really just want to forget about it. ::

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have flown them once and received a very negative impression. First thing was the old bait and switch when making a web reservation. Found a favorable fare and pressed the booking button and got some message that while it was available at the time I first checked, it was now not available and I would have to choose a more expensive fare.

At the airport they announced a 2 hour delay up front. After the 2 hours had exactly expired they announced it would be yet another hour. An hour later, still no plane at the gate and no announcement. After yet another hour it boarded. Based upon a few telltale signs, it seemed that not only did they know it was going to be a full 4 hours late, they even planned it that way well in advance. Why they chose to aggravate everyone by continually lying about the extent of the delay is beyond me.

There is one reason to use this airline and I think that will keep people coming back: COST. They simply don't have to do anything else right and so they don't.

thalenoi said:

Flew return bkk-cnx with them, no problems.

In practice you could have delays with any airline.

Got stranded once because snow over Paris and Luxemburg, an other time thunderstorm above Sofia, an other time at Miami because engine failure etc, so what?

Hi

Two trips to Vietnam with Vietnam Airlines...six months apart.

Both times a delay ....due to a flat tyre and had to wait while it was changed.

What are the odds of that happening :p

I fly them regularly, useually twice a month at least, botth domestic and to KL.

They are always late, that said they are good I find, I have no problems with them given their prices are half what the industry charged BEFORE they came.

Trust me, if they go away, the regular airlines will put prices back up.

For what you pay, I'll keep flying them

DOG

Hi

Dog.

as long as you get there on time any delay(in departure) is acceptable.

Time lost in the maine is made up in flight...so no real problem ..imo.

Re trust me.......Trust me...I am a travel agent...we only tell the ...".We will contact the hotel /airline/care hire company and have your complaint looked into and will do our best to" (oops..keep our commission) gain a full refund for you asap SIR!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

File a complaint with them. Let them know.

I had a rotten time with United this month. I was hot and mad and told them exactly what I felt. To make things worse, they tried addressing me as Mr. and I told them I was insulted by them addressing me as Mr. after what I was being put thru.

Got my boarding pass, looked at the seat and was surprised I was put in row 2.

Complain to us and you get nothing. Complain to them, maybe you will see change and you might get a surprise.

Tell me about it! 5 1/2 hour delay for a one hour flight from Penang to Bangkok. Should have been home at 8.10 PM, but arrived in Bangkok about 1.40 AM. They KNEW they would be delayed ... but didn't bother to say anything to the passengers about the delay, nor even when they suddenly changed departure gates on us.

To be fair, the outgoing flight was decent enough. But I had to go to work the next morning and be up a 6 AM. Arrived at my apartment at 3 AM. :-(

Instead of trying to improve service, AIr Asia is EXPANDING its service to more destinations. Ummm, you know who the principal stockholder is, I suppose. 'Nuff said.

Archived