"We need to take a break"

gawguy

samak said:

break is phak phorn; the rest you can figure out yourself and depends on how strong you desire and need is to take a break!

Wait, wait!! This sounds like "we need to rest because we're tired." Or "let's go have a nap."

I mean take a break by having time away from each other and the relationship.

Thanks,

GG

I'm just a language newbie, but:

phak phawn = to rest/relax

But can also mean = "take a break from things". Can be interpreted as wanting to rest/relax from the relationship for a while (read: take a break from it).

Phom kit wa rao yak phak phawn = I think that we need a break/rest.

I'm probably totaly wrong, but I have to practice somewhere. :):o

HT

The only thing that springs to my mind right now is actually the English word "break".

You can try and use that word, most thais will understand its meaning, as for example

"Rao dtong break wai gorn" <---as in "we need a break first"

Ok mai?

as for the pronounciation try and say break, just dont pronounce the "r", then you should be there.

Any takers?

Hi,

As in "bake" :D

Phom kit wa rao tong bake wai gorn. ???? :dunno

Is ok?

Maybe better to just say." Tawnee phom tong khun bai laew". ( now I need for you to go already). :D You can also throw in a "nan", if you want her to leave for a long time.

HT :cover:

HIGH THAIED said:

But can also mean = "take a break from things". Can be interpreted as wanting to rest/relax from the relationship for a while (read: take a break from it).

I'm probably totaly wrong, but I have to practice somewhere. :):o

HT

While some of the responses here sound the blind leading the blind, I did give "phak phon" a try. I think she understood.

But also curious - on what basis was the word "break" suggested. Is it common usage?

Thanks,

GG

gawguy said:
HIGH THAIED said:

Just threw this at the GF.

Her rather cute response, with batting of the eyes: "You want to go to bed with me now?" :)

i would give some other excuse. that direct sort of approach might work in the west, but here it'll just land you in a pile of shit.

i can just see the reaction...such as: you don't love me anymore, etc...

Archived