Any reasonably priced wireless Internet hotspots?

expat98

• 4 weeks later...
Khun said:

-

Free Wi-Fi in Sukumvit Soi 22 at Coffee Max, in Admiral Suites hotel at the front of the building.

Free for customers so you'll need to buy at least a coffee, but then no time limit on the Wi-Fi use.

-

not free now, 150 bht / hr

Cheers

Coss

• 2 weeks later...

ib13, any tricks to making it work at silom centre? My Mac detected the network, got and IP address etc and reasonable strength, but no web pages appeared.

I'm in Starbucks across the road typing this now.

Cheers

Coss

I'm far from IT expert, but being assigned valid IP should be a good first step towards internet browsing ;)

However there may be various nets in the air & only 1 may work without various logins etc.

All I can say try a few times, look over your tcp/ip settings & make sure all is set to default auto assign ip, dns etc.

Also check browser & make sure no proxies are set(for LAN) - should be direct connection to internet...

Mai ruu laew!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still interested to know about KSC and True subscriptions!!? :wave: Nobody ever checked that out?

I will when I get back over in about 2 weeks, but that would be ideal to just have unlimited service for a flat rate, and know that you can go to numerous hotspots without dropping cash. Especially when the rate is 150-200baht an hour :yikes:

If anybody knows fill us in.

Cheers,

the_numbers

Not about subscriptions, but three free ones that have served me well over the last weeks.

Misty's A Go Go Soi 13/4 Pattaya, from 3 pm

Ronnies New York Pizza, Soi 4 Sukhumvit Bangkok, from 12 pm

Old German Beerhouse, Soi 11 Sukhumvit Bangkok, from breakfast.

Cheers

Coss

Archived