Pattaya madhouse: 35 baht beer, 1500 baht barfines

wonderlust

Cheapest beer I found was 35 baht for draft beer and there are some good deals on bottled beer too. One go go was asking 1500 to barfine a showgirl. Not surprisingly the show girls never seemed to get barfined. I saw a lot of people in go gos who seemed to think they were just strip clubs and didn't have a clue about paybar etc. I suppose some gogos have made the decision that it's better to keep the girls on stage and have a bar full of punters wasting their money on beer all night.

For all girls prices seem fixed at 1000 baht ST 2000 baht long time. I prefer it that way as I hate haggling with a girl.

Is this common now in all Pattaya bars? That is, are (a) the bar fines now typically above 1,000 and (B) ST and LT rates understood to be 1,000 and 2,000, respectively. The latter is so not so bad, but the former would be bad news.

Most of the go go bars have 600 baht barfines. The only ones I went in with higher barfines were Carousel (1000 baht for normal girl, 1200 for showgirl if barfined before midnight) and Living Dolls Showcase (1000/1500 all night). Don't know if these are just silly season prices or if they're going to stay that way.

For (B) I would say yes.

These prices are still available just steer clear of the self opinionated gogo girls. Also bar fines in beer bars are generally still 200 baht and many many cute girls in these. Personally I have been into a half dozen or so gogo's in last week and thought they were all pretty poor looks wise and certainly not worth paying 600 baht bar fine. Not that I am a cheap charlie, if they looked good Id have no hesitation in paying it or 2000 for a night but nothing caught my eye.

Cheers

Archived