Underground accident

didierhardy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how dated your material is so I'll recap what I know. Within hours of the incident, it was blamed on the computer. Why? Because the computer system is designed to detect and prevent a collision from ever happening by auto applying the emergency brakes. It then became clear from the recorded transcripts one operator disabled the safety systems which is in direct violation of operating procedures (kind of like the Chernobyl bafoons running the reactor with fewer control rods than the operating safety procedures require). The action was known to the manager who reaffirmed it rather than raising an objection meaning he too failed to perform his job. All of this info was released within the first day or so. Haven't heard the official version or if the investigation is over. Undoubtably, a lot of effort is going to be putting just the right spin on it and make the system appear safe.

The part that really concerns me is the other problem discovered is following the collision people were trapped in the train for 10 minutes and simply could not get out as much as they tried, but thankfully there was no fire. If they don't prove they have solved this, the subway is running with a very visible safety issue.

Archived