Underground accident

didierhardy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra told reporters the accident was caused by human error and not computer error, as some media outlets had reported'

Taksin yet again undermines any notion of independant or verifiable explanations and just makes the place and himself look foolish.

JP

CNN

What Thaksin knows?

------------------

UPDATE: subway train injuries toll almost 200

Published on Jan 17 , 2005

The number of injured people has risen to nearly 200, with injuries ranging from broken bones to internal bleeding after a subway train crashed into another one

stopped at a station during morning rush hour Monday, injuring as many as 200 people, six months after the subway system commenced operation in Bangkok, police said.

Some of the victims were bleeding as rescue workers carried them upthe stairs of the Cultural Center station to ambulances.

The badly injured driver of one of the trains was trapped in the wreckage until rescue workers pulled him out, said Yupadee Srinak, spokeswoman for the underground train service.

An executive of the company managing the subway system said that an initial investigation showed computerised safety system failure lead the train on the collision course.

About 70 people were admitted to other hospitals, most withminor injuries.

Transport Minister Suriya Jungrungreunkij ordered the train service suspended indefinitely.

The Nation

Not a lot, I was at the next station but quickly worked out something was wrong so pissed of quick.

Since I have been sick as a dog flat out explosively exploding from all orrifices!

DarLek was pissed as one report said Computer malfunction, then the BMA or someone came on and said driver going to fast.

I am betting computer as they are xupposed to be almost auopilot

SICK AS A DOG

Bkkbound04 said:

'Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra told reporters the accident was caused by human error and not computer error, as some media outlets had reported'

Perhaps this explains that? Basically, the jist is that the Government is planing to take over BMCL by force due to the accident. So anything that makes BMCL look worse helps the government's case. That just makes one feel so confident as a businessman here in LoS -- NOT!

Cheers,

SD

suadum said:

Spooky! My wife told me two days ago that I should not ride the Skytrain or Underground because she had had a bad feeling that something was going to happen. She has done this before...

Cheers,

SD

SD, spooky indeed. Had a GF once who somehow always knew when there'd be a tremor and she was often right.

Please do let us know when your wife mentions maybe you shouldn't fly for a bit... :o

Archived