Boat sinks during Full Moon Koh Phangan

limbo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shotover said:
khunsanuk said:

My initial thought also. Wonder if the boat capsized, trapping some underneath.

When I took a fast boat from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, I took one look at the interior (about 20 rows of seats, 4 across, with a narrow aisleway down the middle, and one exit at the front), and opted to sit on top of the boat for the 6 hour ride. the views were well worth the heat and occasional rain, though.

My feeling of this boat was from the old TV Series "SeaView." That sub has only one exit: the conning tower. When I took the ride to Phonm Penh, we sat somewhere near the middle of the boat because of the crowd and my ticket had a seat number on it. The enitre interior is sealed shut. No exits other than the front and back. The aisleway runs the entire center of the boat with seats on each sit.

But as time passed by I moved to the very back of the boat, where the small, single person door gave way to the outside.

As we continued, we where hit by small waves, which really rocked the boat and I just could not stopped the feeling of fear that we would turn Turtle at any time. Visions of

the "The Poseidon Adventure " and having to make my way tto the engine room to escape.

Shit.

Archived