Sisters and Babies

Torneyboy

Today we agreed to look after my wifes sisters baby (born Nov 30)

Arrive at our home at 9.30am and pick up around 6.00PM

Ok..so far so good!

After a chat we decided we need breakfast..new Thai restaurant opened in CBD about two months ago ..and fantastic..traditional Thai food.

I have had one dish nine times at least since it opened..more on that in the food forum later.

Anyway after this we drop her sister off at her office (she is two years younger than my wife) and she asks where we are going?..my wife does'nt say(plan was to take her to my parents home..about half hour drive away)....while we are waiting for her youngest sister to come down in the lift to have a kiss of the baby all hell breaks loose!!

The mom slams the door of the car and tells me she is off to hand in passport forms for the baby (they are going to Fiji next week)my wife ends up in tears...all because she didn't tell her sister what or where she was taking the baby.(i btw did not get a chance to speak..not unusual)

Her sister(Mom)wants to know where her child is at all times..i guess that is ok...but we are family!!!

We cool our heels for an hour in the park...then she gets an SMS for her to go off and do our own thing and she will get the bus to our place after work and pick up the baby...the phones ran hot all afternoon..we only went to our home and no further as my wife said ..."thats it with her baby"...um that is the best i can do from what was said in rapid Thai".....

My wifes sister arrived after six to pick up the baby..offered to take us all out for dinner ::

All is now well...while her sister was in our home she said she wanted to go to the supermarket..and took our son along to help carry the goods back...also told my wife she would get something for her"period"...which then all made sense to me..and only me btw.

So i guess my question is...Sisters and babies don't mix?

Babysit and leave it at that?

We all ended up kisses and hugs at the end of the day however.

And the baby will be with us again tommorrow...me ...i will be at work all day....And early! :D

My wife told me this story about some beggars kidnapping babies, cut of their limbs and use them to gain sympathy in order to get more money.

Sound like an urban legend, but nevertheless I?m tying the baby to my body and will not leave it unwatched by me for one second while I?m in BKK.

Also the rich lady down the street wanted to buy our baby, because she always wanted a baby with a light complexion. I mean come on?

I think she reacted a little paranoid to be honest.

Of course one wants to know where the baby is, but as you said, the baby is safe with the sister (family). There's really no need to ask for a detailed timetable.

Your wife should put her younger sister on her place for causing trouble over ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Just my 2 baht :)

Archived