Result general election - just facts

Mentors

No political statements form Me(:censored:) just facts:

my GF has also voted today, but she voted for nobody, because she can't believe any party and their fool promises. She mak a very small but respectful protest!

:applause:

THE NATION

BANGKOK, Feb 6 (AFP) - Thailand's opposition leader Banyat Bantadtan conceded defeat in Sunday's election, after TV exit polls projected a massive victory by the ruling party.

"I was shocked when I saw the exit polls, that Thai Rak Thai managed to win 399 (seats) and the Democrats won only 80, but we have to accept what the public gave us," he told reporters.

"I would like to congratulate Thai Rak Thai. We have to accept the outcome because that is the voters' will," he said.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE NATION

Prime Minister Thak-sin Shinawatra looked poised to establish an unprecedented one-party government in Thailand after voters - poor rural villagers and Bangkokians alike - handed his Thai Rak Thai a massive landslide victory in yesterday's general election.

The resounding mandate has yet to be officially confirmed, as vote counting only began late yesterday evening. But exit polls showed that Thai Rak Thai could win 340-399 House of Representatives seats.

:dunno:

Flashermac said:

The South has traditionally been solid Democrat Party country. If it starts going for TRT, then it is time to worry.

So ... what is next, the Reichstag fire???

update from THE NATION

The latest result showed that Thai Rak Thai won 302 constituencies and 67 party-list cadidates.

Surprisingly, Khon Khor Plodnee party candidate was leading in Udon Thani province.Thai Ground party and Thai People party also gained 1 seat in the Northeast.

I saw the TV promotion from 'Khon Khor Plodnee', it was more as funny to see

their representatives speaking nervously while watching in the wrong camera and checking their watch every minute with the big hope, that their airtime from 20 minutes will be finnish quickly. :grinyes:

For me, the Thai People Party makes the best impression with realistic ideas, but they don't have the money for a big campagne.

The NATION

"Banyat Bantadtan quit as leader of opposition Democrat Party today after PrimeMinister Thaksin Shinawatra appeared to have won the general election with as much as 399 of parliament's 500 seats, according to unofficial results of exit polls conducted by six television stations.

Banyat felt he should take responsibility for the defeat, no matter what factor might have caused it. The Democrats appealed to voters during the election campaign for 201 seats, but won about 80 seats according to unofficial results of exit polls."

- The big lost for the Democrats has also to do with their weak leader.

and the rivalry between the leader Banyat and the coming young Abhisit.

:boxing:

what is next, the Reichstag fire???

-----------------

no, just confirming very few here have the beat of the thai mind in quite a few matters, here political elections, no matter how long they have lived here. What's new?

Maybe someday, we'll accept they do not have to think as we do, and not patronizing them for doing so.

A bit surprised at yet another allusion to nazism. I mean, if anyone thinks this is 1933 for Thailand, they can remember when all is said, they are only tourists, vote with their feet, and leave.

Archived