X Box or PS 2?

Lusty

Hi,

I have a PS2 myself and am quite happy with it. One of my colleagues sold his a couple months back though and bought an Xbox instead.

I guess the best thing to do is check what games you want to play and see which machine is most suited for that. And of course how easily games are available. PS2 games were much easier to get hold of, although it seems the Xbox is catching up.

Sanuk!

Hi Lusty,

I have an xbox myself and am very happy with it.

I particularly like it because of the 5 GB harddrive, which means that the loading and saving of games goes faster than on PS2.

You can fit in a larger HD if you like up to 200 GB and keep the games/music/movies on it.

The graphic properties of the xbox are slightly better than those of the PS2.

You need to buy a special kit if you wanna play online (I believe that the wireless netadapter is already built in the PS2) and you need to buy a remote control and an infrared reciever to use when watching DVD movies.

Not very expensive though and very easy to install.

PS2 still have a wider selection of games than xbox, but there are also console games only available for xbox like Halo 1+2.

You will find it much easier to purchase PS2 DVDs in Bkk, I have only found xbox games 3-4 places and the selection wasn`t too impressive. (MBK, Panthip, Saphan Lek in chinatown)

The xbox games are more expensive as well, count on 180 - 250 baht. PS2 games as low as 100 baht.

Fitting a chip into the consoles to allow you to use copies is roughly the same price.

Hope that is useful.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived