Chaing Rai nightlife?

arizonadave

Visited CR a little over a year ago. I was sick and didn't check out the nightlife, but a tour guide pointed out the 'red light district' bars, which as I recall were on a narrow street in the middle of the old part of the city, near the main market. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Don't expect much. CR is not a nightlife destination, but I got the impression a 'friend for the evening' could be found for those interested.

Never tried it myself, but Dali is probably right.

Quite close to the market is a kind of open air foodcourt, close to that I found a bar with ladies that in their appearance and attitude signalled they were almost certainly available for take-out. I didn't try, they wee un appatising, besides i was in company of wife and (Some time) TGF.

Across the main thoroughfare that runs close to the market, a little sidestreet on the otehr side shows a few massage parlours that looked sufficiently seedy to be likely P4P places.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Terribly belated response, but I must say that there is a decent place in Chiang Rai. The go-go and beer bar scene seemed a bit grim when I was last there :dunno::down: I found it better to play snooker a bit, and then walked around looking at MP's. Not soapies or anything obviously naughty mind you.

Near the central part of town and Wangcome I found an MP that had a neon-ish exterior glow, and seemed a bit illegitimate :) You can get a vibe off these places. Upstairs the rooms were closed entirely and locked. The girl gave a massage and agreed to do anything I wanted and had a reasonable price to boot, along with tissues :o

I remember 500B head/ 800B shag.

She was cute too, but generally MP girls who do oil massage are not beauty pageant types.

ganbate.

the_numbers

Archived