Why over stay a tourist visa

Yeah I know that ND but I was stating that it is usually through a diplomatic agreement with your home country and the nation you are going to that determines the amount of time you can stay without a visa.

So that is why you might not get 90 days in LOS like Malaysia gives as Flashermac was talking about.

ALHOLK said:I have on a cople occasions recieved a 15 day extension on the 30 day entry visa over tha last couple of yers at soi 8.

regards

ALHOLK

Yeah, that was right but I understand the big shake up in July 2003 and July 2004 cut this to 10 days.

Whatever it is, it is just a money making exercise. Isn't it a coincidence that the border run is usually priced at Bt2000 and the immigration extension is Bt1900 !!!!!

An extension is for 10 days but the price is 500 Baht! I've had them in Bangkok, Krabi Town and Pattaya! I've never paid 1900 bht...someone is getting ASS Fucked by the immigration office!

SkiBum

Dog,

No, that's true. But, you can get a 90 day tourist visa with a double entry from the local Thai consulate in the states for fifty bucks. After 60 days you leave Thailand and cross into Cambodia, and on return into Thailand pay another fifty bucks and get another 60 days. Remember "dual entry" on the 90 day visa. (Rather than 30 extra days if using the Thai immigration office to extend to the full 90 days of the original visa.) Effectively giving you 4 months on the dual entry visa. (Was told this by Thai immigration guys and gal last time back in November, and confirmed this with the local Boston Thai Consulate General before coming back this time.) Then once that 60 days has run out you just step into Cambodia and return into Thailand and get a 30 day tourist visa on arrival. So effectively you end up with a five month visa for a couple hundred bucks total, and only have to step out of the country twice to do so. I plan to now do this twice a year, and spend two months, one month after each five months duration in the LOS, in the states visiting family and friends. This I find much easier than going the retiree visa bullshit route, and as I don't work in the LOS this is feasible and fairly pain-free and inexpensive for me. All legal.

Cent

Pharcyde said:

Thanks for the info guys. I am on Samui and even though it would be easy for me to do a visarun to the border I was just debating myself whether it would be easier to just pay the 1900 in bkk than to spend a day and a half in the train.

Cheers

Pharcyde

Although the above does not make a lot of sense, I will make the following observation in case it is relevant: there is an immigration office on Samui and in September 2004 I got a 15 day extension for 1900bht no problem just filled in the form and wrote 15 days on it, reason for stay 'visit GF home in Phitsanuluk'.

Archived