Best hotel/appartment for 3,000 baht in BKK?

soongmak

my wife and I will go to LOS in april. This time, we want to stay in a classy hotel or appartment. Does anybody have some recommendations?

What is important:

- good service, nice lay-out of the room, convenient location (think BTS!)

Not important: guest friendliness.

what looks great to me so far: Evergreen Appartment near Ratchathewi, and the Admiral Suites in Sukhumvit soi 22.

I welcome any comments on the above appartments, as well as recommendations for a better accomodation in the same price range.

Cheers,

Soongmak

Both:

Evergreen type D or E...both look small and plain!

AMS the executive looks not bad but is more then 3,000 baht. The studio are a miss!

Check www.presidentpark.com

Royal President has good deal in April for their Court wing rooms...i.e. Saphire suite! Studios at their President solitare are right at 3000! Check it out!

SkiBum

The probably best you can get for 3ooo Baht is the Somerset Suwan Park View. It`s almost opposite of Central ChitLom, which has the advantage that it is also straight on the BTS.

The apartments are only a year old, and really really nice. My family stayed there two months ago, and they LOVED it.

All the apartments are minimum 1 BR with 67 sqm. Comes with 2 TV`s, DVD Player, Kitchenette, etc.

Can`t find anything wrong about it. Have a look at their website/virtual tour.

http://www.the-ascott.com/OurResi/ResiGeneralInfo.asp?p=177&t=Somerset&r=2

My vote goes to the Evergreen Apartments. The position is good next to the Asia Hotel and the skytrain. It has a good restaurant on the 9th floor and security is good - plastic credit card keys which allow you out of the lift only at your floor and the other public areas such as the Gym and the pool.

There are a number of good cafe/restaurants in the locallity not least Spice and Ole Ole which have grown up on the strength of the suceess of the Asia Hotel.

The rooms are clean and the suite I stayed in had two bedrooms each with great views over BKK. Reception and secutity staff were friendly and courteous.

The portrait in the lobby is of the owner, a wealthy Thai who lives on the penthouse suite.

I agree with everything about President Solitaire except for it's location. It is a long long way down the Soi close to Q bar. They do have a Tuk tuk to take you up and down the soi now but it is a hassle. The rooms are great I stayed there for my 50th birthday.

uniformguy

Not quite with you Gullivers is nowhere near Soi 11.........and why pay 20 baht when the tutk tuk is free. I am too big for a motocycle taxi.......

uniformguy

Archived