Upgrade Your Hotmail from 2mb to 25mb Immediately!

ultras67

Still stuck with a 2mb inbox?

In theory if you just change your address in Options - My Profile the system should upgrade you automatically after a couple of weeks to 250mb.

But I changed my address from thailand to uk and after a couple of months nothing had happened, i then "moved" to los angeles and after 6 weeks nothing had happened. so go figure.

But I saw this on thaivisa and tried it myself a few minutes ago. It works great :)

Sign into your Hotmail account. Go to options/personal and than My profile. Change your country code to USA and pick one of the states ? we tried Florida and used 33332 as the zip code. After you change this, go to update then continue. While you are still logged into Hotmail go to

http://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/Accountclose

and deactivate your account. Don?t worry - all your emails will remain safe. Now, log out of homail and log back in with your username and password and you will automatically re-activate your account.

When you log in you will see that you already have a 25MB account while it's supposed to upgrade to 250MB soon.

You need an invitation to gmail. there are several offers from boardmembers already. If you want an invitation drop me a PM. Funny enough gmail demands you have a current email address where this invitation can be send to. So don't forget to mention your email in the PM.

Well, b*gger me. It worked. Many, many thanks for that little piece of advice (one would almost have to say the best I have ever had on a board!!). Tried it *very* bloody nervously as it was an important account, and it worked. My mail box has dropped from 30% to 3%, a much happier place to be.

Tap me for a few beers next time you are in town, I certainly owe you a few.

many thanks

josh

Archived