Degree from Thailand

Zaad

TOEFL scores are accepted at U.S. universities but you also must include your SAT, or if going to graduate school your GRE or GMAT. Several universities that I am gathering information on require both if you are not a native English speaker. So this is something that must be considered for U.S. schools. Plus the expenses, reputation of the school etc.

I am currently studying for my GMAT to get into business school since the IT field seems to be pretty barren at this time. Furthering your education never hurts.

Good luck on your pursuits!!! :)

If you are interested in studying at a university in Aus/US, you might first want to contact the closest IDP or Education Section of the Australian Embassy(for Australia) and IIE (for the US). They might have more relevant local information for students living in the country you are residing. For example, you are likely to have to take an exam somewhere and it there are facitlites in the city you reside in that would be much more convenient than having to travel to another city or country.

Contacting IDP/Aus Embassy or IIE might also be useful in case an education fair, in which representatives from various universities from that country, come to the country in which you are residing in to promote the courses at their university - although that would obviously depend on which country in the Middle East you are living!

Finally, for Australia, have a look at Deakin as they have a wide range of distance education courses on offer for international students living overseas including IT.

Thank you so much Krml and Dinkas :bow:

Very useful information. It seems that I have a few things to prepare. This is good for my boredom in the middle east. Besides that it will help me with jobs in the future too.

Good-bye everybody.

Snow,

I have a question for you.

Have you tried to contact any universities to determine if your degree will be accepted or not?

You might consider doing this before writing off your degree from Thailand. One thing is that different universities have different standards for what they will and will not accept as credit. I would seriously consider doing this. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Once again good luck.

Archived