Bronze Membership Status monthly prizes

KS,

Okay, you asked for a seperate thread on this suggestion, here's my idea on this.

Yourself, or with the help of your mods as well, would submit each month your choice of three of what YOU consider to be the best posts in each forum for that month. (Maybe not all forums, your choice in how limited you may want to do this concerning which forums to use.) At the end of each month you post a sticky post poll of the three choices in each forum where they were chosen from, with there only being one choice allowed to be chosen/voted on by the members. Whichever post in each category gets the most votes/clicks wins the contest and the author gets either a lifetime, or maybe a limited amount of time, (one month, two, three, six, up to you really), Bronze Membership Status. Should be easy enough I think.

In polls you can limit the amount of possible choices I believe, right. Sticky post it (the three monthly choices) in the forum they were chosen from in a poll and set a time limit for voting. Later a sticky post would announce the winners of each forum contestants, to be replaced each month by the newest winners anouncements.

I'd keep it small enough for the choices, three or four seems good, unless there is a plethora of good posts to choose from, then you could maybe have more choices in a forum that calls for a larger choice.

How's that sound?

Cent

KS,

So leave this up to your mods to decide which to forward to you for your consideration for contest nominees. They likely need to read all the posts in their mod areas don't they? Let them choose a few candidates, and you cull down to three or four you feel deserving by your own criteria of the chance to be voted on for Bronze Membership. And limit the amount of forums for doing this type of contest in to say maybe five or six. General, Relationships, Trip Reports, Board Bar, Nightlife, Stories, Culture or Family. Whichever get the largest monthly readership and participation.

Cent

Cent, KS,

Maybe this will motivate others to post more quality..including me, yeah I know I'm silver but I'd like the honor of best post(er) :D

Or perhaps include best thread as well, perhaps this would generate more thread starters (including me -again) and better discussions on more subjects onboard.

I like the idea :up:

Zaad said:

Cent, KS,

Maybe this will motivate others to post more quality..including me, yeah I know I'm silver but I'd like the honor of best post(er) :D

Or perhaps include best thread as well, perhaps this would generate more thread starters (including me -again) and better discussions on more subjects onboard.

I like the idea :up:

Zaad,

It well could. Vanity and peer recognition are known to be prime motivators of our species. :D

Cent

Archived