RETIREMENT VISA

bigal

GOT my retirment visa last week. Had to have:

1. Health certificate: check vdrl (sypholis) chest X-ray, physical. then the hospital gives you health certificate.

2. copy of recent wire transfer rfrom outside Thailand in the amount 800,000b or more.

3. certificate from bank stating where the $ came from.

4. Bank passbook.

5. passport pictures.

make copies of everything.

The whole process took around 3 hours.

I have to report to Thai immigration every 90 days.

If I leave the country i must get a departure card.

That's about it folks!!!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Al...did you do it in Thailand????? I just got the Golden Wad last week but in Honolulu. Slightly differnet....but ! year multi entry, need a permit to exit. Re- entry is 3800 baht for the life of that Visa. The fun begins

One slight correction is that what you must have before you depart Thailand is a re-entry stamp in your passport. Cost 1,000 baht per entry or 3,800 for a multi entry type. You can obtain from immigration in a few hours or minutes any time before you travel.

lopburi3 said:

One slight correction is that what you must have before you depart Thailand is a re-entry stamp in your passport. Cost 1,000 baht per entry or 3,800 for a multi entry type. You can obtain from immigration in a few hours or minutes any time before you travel.

So, I will go over to Immi office and contribute 3800 Bahtsters

and get a stamp...No problem. should I go first thing in the morning or what. I have to go to US Emb for a res cert and some passport pages and then over to Thai Immi and Kaput, I be fini and good for my year. I tell you this ease of getting things outside of LOS is too cool. I heard that renewing your 1 year OA non immi multi entry in Patong is very fast. Have all the paper and you are good in 5 min.

Whoa...here I go...Going to A Go Go

Bigal-

2 things: I think it was recently stated that the money does not have to be in Thailand- you only have to show that it is somewhere (Somboon?)

Also, did you not need a police statement, showing that you have never been caught and convicted for your depravity? :)

Money for O-A long stay for retirement can be outside Thailand but when you extend after the O-A (first year only) it must be in Thailand and/or a combination with pension certified by your Embassy must be provided.

The O-A is a unique visa that gives approval for immigration to stamp you in for one year on arrival - it is a one time deal which you must extend the same as any other at immigration here. This type of visa requires a police report.

Be aware that the multi entry non immigrant O visa is not an O-A visa and does not allow a one year stay.

Archived