RETIREMENT VISA

bigal

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the ink has dried on my new O-A Non Immi Multi Entry "geezer visa' I have a look at the deal. The expiry date is olne year fomr the date of issue from the date of issue. the L.A. office said that you can show your your amassed wealth of 25KUSD for renewal with the same kind of documents used for applicatiob outside of LOS and you are good. You'll need all the same paper work sans the Criminal backround check the was required for the one aquired outside of LOS. I hate to refer people to search things bu you can skoot around the net to get all this info. In Patong you can go to the immi office on beach road and if there is no line things get done fast.. Gotta go as I'm packing!

FWIW...

If you obtain your "OA" retirement visa...outside of Thailand, in addition to the health and police checks, you provide the Thai Embassy/Consulate with a statement from your bank verifying that you have at least 800K-Bt in your home account. The BIG advantage is that during the first year of your OA visa, you are NOT required to transfer _any_ funds to Thailand. Before the end of the visa's year, before you go to renew the visa, you must then open a Thai bank account, if you haven't already done so and transfer money to the account. Then, in addition to the physical, certificate of residence, etc, you must then show Immigration that you have either a minimum of 800K-Bt in a Thai bank... or a statement of pension/social security income plus an amount in a Thai bank that at least equals 800k-Bt. I obtained my OA in the US...and didn't need to show any money in Thailand until I renewed the visa.

bigal said:

GOT my retirment visa last week. Had to have:

..<snipped>..

2. copy of recent wire transfer from outside Thailand in the amount 800,000b or more.

I got my original retirement visa from The Royal Thai Conslate in New York. Had a called there first, I could have saved some effort. I obtained a copy of my police record, plus a letter from the Chief of Police stating that I was never a threat to the national security. The Consulate never asked me to provide said documents.

Neither did they ask for a medical 'certificate.' Francesca (great lady) said I didn't need the police reports & that I should get the medical certificate in LOS where it only costs 100 Bt. ... unless you're getting screwed (my words, not her's!).

Guest HonoluluJimmy

There seems to be some conflict (s) in the issue of 0-A long stay. I paid for a multi entry 0-A and that's what got me the long stay. 1 year entry stamp should be issued at each entry whilst the Visa is in effect. I will need to buy the Multi Entry stamp to make that happen. Sathorn/Don Muang Immi #rd Flr Term 1....No need to leave just report in at an Immi office or even bu mail. The reporting info will go up in a seperate post. Easy as BF'ing at Big Dogs.... As to the arrival thingo and reentries I'll post the info as per my visits to passport control.

Archived