WHAT'S UP WITH Q BAR???

No, not to be racist or anything...

Mate, you wanna get back into your time warp! Smoke on the Water??? Ouch!! The night I went was on a wednesday and they were playing some great classic Hip Hop stuff. You must've been the guy in the Hawaiian shirt requesting Stairway to Heaven

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to agree with Mr.Seahorse here.

give me the Rock classics anyday,the Girls dance better to them IMO.

and Stairway was always fun to watch the Girls dance to......most of them didn't have a clue what to do.

i personally can't stand this modern 'music'........

Seahorse,

When was that ? there used to be cool Bombay New York parties or something similar on wednesday nights with lots of indian patrons in Q bar but they don't show up much anymore. I see much more of them in Mystic now. Reminds me the only interesting girl I dated during the last two years was an indian ethnic met in Q bar :p

GuyfromUK,

glad you visited and mostly enjoyed both CM2 and Qbar, both very tasty clubs :p :p, now you'll have a first hand experience of some trendy western oriented BKK nightlife. You'll compare with Pattaya's, not quite the same.

3Mate, you wanna get back into your time warp! Smoke on the Water??? Ouch!! The night I went was on a wednesday and they were playing some great classic Hip Hop stuff. You must've been the guy in the Hawaiian shirt requesting Stairway to Heaven "

:):D:grinyes:

Hokay, here goes. I moved to Bangkok 6 weeks ago. I went to Q Bar for the first time, tonight. By way of background, in 6 weeks I've never left my apartment wearing anything that was not within Q Bar's dress code. I often wander Sukhumvit at 1 p.m. wearing a long-sleeved shirt. The dress code is not the problem. The problem is, succinctly, that the bar sucks ass. It's over-crowded. I didn't see a single stunning Thai pooying, with the exception of one dentally-challenged bartender. There were plenty of Brit and Aussie buffaloes wandering about in feather boas. It was hard to move, and likely near impossible to speak to anyone. On the weekends, it costs 600 baht to get in. This entitles you to 2 free drinks. I drink black label. This will run you an extra 20 baht on top of your drink ticket. Frankly, the price doesn't much bother me. But, if you're on a budget, it should be noted. On weekdays, it takes 400 baht for entry and 2 drinks.

The good? They give you a true pour. My black naam was easily 2-3 times as strong as any I've gotten in a go-go. As it turns out, that wasn't a plus, tonight. But, again, if you're on a budget, it's worth noting.

Bottom line? It was so unenjoyable that I gave my second drink ticket to a Thai pooying and hopped a moto-taxi home. I really can't recommend the place. Of course, different strokes for different folks. But, that being said, unless you're there with friends, it's hard to imagine having a good time...

Manos

Archived