WHAT'S UP WITH Q BAR???

Hehe!

I noticed you must me a civilised man Prosal! More stories to share but rather keep it outside the board sometimes oversensitivity.

Catch up soon in Paris :beer:

Random, ready for yet another night struggling with booze, boobs and KY... And if the night goes OK, tomorow it'll come out as a rhym :doah:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great evening yesterday ! Love Boat was the magic place, a huge upscale MP between Petchburi and Rama 9 , more opulent setting than Poseidon IMO and no overcharge for caucasians. Found my luck in the 2400 section, cool bar corner with black and white design, girl with decent face, very slim with apparent abs and shoulders. 69 in the bath, long CIM, likely swallowed, extra shot. Tipped her 600 bth and even tipped the Papasan while dizzy on the way out!! Will go back there!

Later on another nice shot with a much uglier bird outside Nana but all in all very happy I put off my flight back to Paris.

Sweet LOS !

Q-Bar is shit, it has some of the best music in Bangkok, especially the Hip Hop night but the clientele is the worst in Bangkok.

You get older business men type trying to hang onto their youth and lots of rough freelancers who would be better off in Nana Disco.

Please their are lots of places where you can pick up ladies of the night, I ain't knocking this either as I do sometimes too. But their are a few places in Bangkok where you can listen to good music and Q-Bar is one of them but it's full of old men and whores at the moment.

Please go to CM2 or Nana Disco instead , you know you really don't like the music in Q-Bar anyway, you just think you're hi class by wearing a cheap suit and not going to Nana Plaza.

Give us back one of the few places in Bangkok that does play good music, there are a million places where you can get girls and listen to shit music.

Q-Bar is one of them but it's full of old men and whores at the moment.
Hard to imagine any places like that in Bangkok that would be popular with the group on this board. And, as you correctly point out, certainly neither Nana Disco nor CM2 fit that description.:angel:

Prosal said:

Here are some places which surely suit better your tastes and where you won't feel offensed by the presence of "old men and ladies of the night" ....

Enjoy !!

::

I don't know if it is your lack of English skills or just plain stupidness, but I didn't say I was offended by "Old men and ladies of the night" I said there are many places to go if you want to find ladies, be them prostitutes or not, but there are only a couple of places to go if you like Hip Hop and house music. Q-Bar being in the elite few, most of the older people in Q-Bar can't stand the music anyway.

It's just frustating when you get special guests coming from America and the Uk, and when they get there and play the place is full of suited up business men who can't stand the music and girls who aren't the least bit interested in the music but are looking for a pay check.

As I said before Q-Bar is one of the best bars in Bangkok for music and one of the worst for atmosphere .... It's just Thermae with cheap suits and good music.

peteinbkk said:

I don't know if it is your lack of English skills or just plain stupidness,.

This link was just trying to keep you happy ...... anyway just remember that anywhere in the world where there's young or old farangs/gringos/bules, there's hookers. Could it be in Q bar, your supposed "fabulous and exclusive elite place", which is by any standart (but obviously not yours) only an outdated joint.

About my lack of english ..... I have better skills in portugese, and let me teach you those few words which fit ALL your needs and will keep you safe if you go to Brasil : "Sou bicho passivo, voce pode gozar na minha boca amor, mas nao faço sexo anal sem camisinha, nao importa quanto voce me implore".

:D :D :D

Bangkok clubs change in atmosphere, clientele and name incredibly often. Qbar, in my opinion, used to be good 4+ years ago when it was still a relatively new, trendy club for well-heeled tourists, expats and locals. In the last 4 years it has filled with freelancers because there is business for them (it's a supply/demand circle). It has also attracted young tourists who look for them or will take them as there is a chance they may just want some "fun" that night. You can partly blame the management for their door policy, but you can also follow the trend....most of the expats, tourists and locals who don't like the mixed, sometimes tense atmosphere that the place now has have moved on to other clubs which have fantastic music: 87, Bed, Mystique, Met Bar and a few other smaller ones. The first 3 of these are also having the same cycle, but the door policies are stricter. If you like hip hop, check out some clubs on Thonglor or RCA. If you like house (like I do), then it's Met Bar, Flix etc.

Basically, where you get foreigners or Thais with money and a lax door policy, you get freelancers. The process is relatively quick...look at 87: used to be full of moneyed thai girls, now freelancers dressed right up waiting at the bar for rich hotel guests. If the older guys left Qbar, the feelancers would still be there after the younger ones anyway.

Sure, it is I think the only member's club in the country open to all nationalities. It's partnered to the famous London club and is located by the side of the Metropolitan Hotel in Sathorn (next door to Banyan Tree). Not a huge place, but friendly and fun with great DJs. Plus...no hip hop, which is a blessing. Seems Bangkok jumped on the bandwagon with that one.

A 50/50 mix of Thais and others, few models, never completely packed which is nice. Also worth trying is Hu'u bar at the Ascott on Sathorn too, but that is just a bar (no dancefloor apparently).

It's so funny to see some clubs open up exclusively to the hi-so and well dressed, then when they begin to lose interest and move to a newer one, the management lose their pomp as quickly as they lose their dosh and open up the place to the obvious bargirls (RE: 87+).

Archived