a moment of time

sayjann

i was lucky enough to be in Berlin when Germany became unified.

i was running the Marathon and took part in the 1st Marathon to include East Berlin as well as West.

l remember running through the Brandenburg Gate and chatting to Russian Soldiers on the way round.

that Night we joined in the celebrations at Midnight when Unification become complete.

to me this event was one of the most important events of the post war era.

for 40 Years+ there had been a great divide between the great Superpowers and finally was the World going to improve?.

i'm not sure of that with current events but it was AN EVENT for me to witness.

i have 2 Heroes,JFK and Howard Hughes and i had the chance to visit Dallas many Years ago.

i had seen much of the footage of the events that Day and when i was there i done it all.

i visited the Texas Book Depositery and looked out of the window from where LHO was suppossed to have fired the fatal shots.

i walked down Dealey Plaza and around the grassy knoll and imagined the scene from my eyes and from Films i had seen.

if i had a wish to be at anyplace in History,this was it.

i would just loved to have been there to see what DID happen that Day and finally know the truth.

and for the record,i don't believe the Warren Commission or any other Commissions slant on what they SAY is the truth about what happened that Day.

so how about you Guys?.

have you ever been present at any event which has been historic?.

if not which historic event would you have liked to been present?.

A guy I know mentioned that there was a study made and apparently LHO was a good shot. And it was possible to get off a number of shots in the time it took for the motorcade to pass. ::

Can't think of any historical event that I'd want to have been around. This era in history is by far the most interesting. Post 2 world wars, post atom bomb, jet age and world travel, moon landings, computers and the latest technology. Nope, this era is it for me. Obviously in the future people will say the same thing. Can't fathom why people would like to go back to the days of the Romans or Shakespeare or whatever. ::

Sukhumvit said:

apparently LHO was a good shot. And it was possible to get off a number of shots in the time it took for the motorcade to pass. ::

Apparantly he was just a louzy shot.

Plus he had only like 6 seconds (from memory) to shoot 3 bullets on a manually reloaded gun and partly masked by a tree...... :dunno:

Back on the thread : my moments of time would be my first HJ, first kiss, first BJ, first sex.

All in that order :D

BB

my biggest impression was of the difference between East and West Berlin.

East was so drab and seemed so poor compared to the West.

i know at the time there was much hope that this would be a good time for the Country,but i gather things have not gone exactly to plan.

i have seen many programmes over the Years about that Day.

many different theories about what happened and i do tend to lean away from the obvious Government bias ones that debunk any conspiracy.

while Oliver Stones Film might be a little bias in it's own way,it is still a very powerful advocate of some of the things that might have happened prior to the fateful Day.

but actually reading the book written by Jim Garrisson is fascinating.

he had nothing to gain by it,was doing what he felt was his public duty and his story is very interesting.

i think he was hung out to dry by the Authorities because of what he bought up.

what i remember of the Day that i visited was that how quiet it was.

i visited on a Weekday and while the actual road was busy with traffic i never seemed to hear anything.

but i do remember standing by the white picket fence (probably not the original after almost 30 Years) and looking at the road and then turning around and looking at the railroad yard where a few things were supposed to have happened.

my mind is probably clouded after 14 Years and predjdiced towards my own thoughts about what happened.

but i do have a overwhelming personnal thought when i was there.

here i was at the location of one of the most defining points of modern history and i just soaked it up.

how might history have been different if JFK had not died that Day.

Too bad MM isn't here anymore. I guess he was at MANY historic moments. :topic:

I was there when a young German Defensive End intercepted a pass and ran it back for 75 yards to make the touchdown that won the Cornhusker game vs. Oklahoma!

The guy never got drafted by á NFL-Club so :dunno:

MaW

Archived