UPS-FedEX-DHL 25 KG package to USA

imperial

Has anyone had good / bad experiances using these 25kg boxes from BKK to the USA ?

Any problems or fees from US Customs or does it go thru,

I will have alot more stuff then my luggage allowance and this seems like a good way to get it home

Thanks for any advise

You will have to declare it on entry into the USA, I think there is a section on the form. Not sure within how many days prior to or after travel you have...in other words, it might be better to ship it to a 3rd party and write "Unsolicited gift" on the invoice, might save you some duty...not sure...

It will be sent to a third party, its not high value but I do not know the limit where it just passes thru,

I know when you use UPS to ship to Canada there is a pretty big Customs fee tacked on,

Just wondering how it is from thailand , I am sure the Drug sniffer dogs are there !

Whatever you are shipping better be awfully valuable, as it's very expensive to ship via UPS/FedEx. Fast and reliable, yes.

I just sent a mere .5-kilo packet of documents overnight (2-day dely) to the States...899-Bt! And another package, about a kilo, via air at the Thai post office. Over night (2-days) was over 1600-Bt and 7 day delivery was about about 900-Bt.

A local Canadian friend advised me that he shipped a package home via ship. He said it arrive in 3-weeks and was comparatively inexpensive. So...'Up to You'

Archived