Best Beds in Pattaya Hotels

If you, like me suffer from back problems, do you recommend any hotels that have really springy, bouncy or moderate to good quality beds? I have stayed on the really hard ones and it is no fun in the morning. I have found no consistent relation to price but it is skewed towards the more dearly priced hotels as to bed quality as you can imagine.

I have found pretty good beds in

Siam Sawadee on Soi Diana (Areca Soi) 450b (2005)

Sunshine old wing before refurbish 500b (2001)

Flipper Soi 8 800b (2002)

Anyone care to add to the list?

Oneye

oneyejacks said:

If you, like me suffer from back problems, do you recommend any hotels that have really springy, bouncy or moderate to good quality beds? I have stayed on the really hard ones and it is no fun in the morning. I have found no consistent relation to price but it is skewed towards the more dearly priced hotels as to bed quality as you can imagine.

Oneye

Have you tried the "Heavenly Bed" at the Westin?

They will actually sell it to you, the whole thing- bed, mattresses, pillows, bedsheets, etc.

Wanna buy it? Got an extra $3000 USD? Go here

Sweet dreams!

• 3 weeks later...
oneyejacks said:

Oneye

Heres something to look out for when your taking a room off the beaten path. And this is a fact!

Some hotels, that are not as acustomed to Ferang, or at least non Thai/Japanese. Or hotels where they expect you to be permiscuouse (sp?) will sometimes have the maids flip the mattress over before you check in ( I kid you not).

Now the catch is that Thai matresses are often not like the ones we have in the west with 2 identical sides. Instead there is the hard bottom side and the soft upper side.

If ever you check into a room in the off beaten track and you find your bed hard as a sheet of ply wood, shove your hand between the mattress and the boxspring to see if the soft side has been turned down. If so call the desk immediatley and have them send the girls in to "turn it for you", dont do it yourself you shouldn't have to, and redress the bed.

Appart from that some hotels will have cheaper beds. My hyper mobile discs undestand your pains.

Thanks for the information. I will probably arrive in Pattaya and check things out. For Bangkok, a cheap hotel with springy bed is Maxim. 650 per night and not too bad with air con and some have nice 20 inch tvs. The bes are Queen I believe.

In Pattaya the only low budget hotels seem to have the really hard beds. Some nice ones though with the only drawback being the bed. I have to step up a few baht this trip in the name of my back.

Oneye

Some basic advice ... before you rent the room, ask to see the room, and check the mattress before you commit.

It's off season now so more hotels have vacancies.

The Lek Hotel at the corner of Second Rd. and Soi 12 is decent, but may be a bit pricey for you (850 Bt/night) ... better rooms (and perhaps better mattresses) are in the new wing ... but priced at 1200 Bt/night.

More affordable and across the street (also on Second Rd), but a bit further down are the Apex Hotel and the Diana Inn.

In the past I've called ahead to request a particular type of mattress; but, upon arrival discovered that it wasn't as described. Good luck ... and if your back is in pain, you could try one of the zillions of massage establishments in town.

BELL'MARINE CHATEAU (i did not make it up!)

soi 17, 3rd RD. A new outfit

Humongous beds, firm yet springy, 5 can fit, 3 sleep ::.....

Nice, square area balcony, big room so the video tripod can provide a nice wide angle (tell Nigel! ::), and 500 a day.

Only problem, about a km to walk to the beach/walking St area, but if unlucky or still undecided that night, the walk back can provide plenty of meetings to save the night.

Beware of the Katoey triangle on soi yensabai though..... :o

• 3 weeks later...

Found a couple of goodies last trip. Very nice hotel for the price is Sutus Court Soi Lengkee Neung off of Buakow. 650 and decent beds. Air con, cable, new tv, fan and pretty nicely tiled interior. You must go through a few rooms because they are different in color and someone was seriously high on something when they painted and tiled a few of them.

Oneye

I stayed at Flipper house on soi 7 for a week and had a wonderful large clean room for 720 baht I would recommend it but when I asked to stay another week they told me that the room was booked and that I would have to change to a room with carpet and twin beds and pay 880 baht, this left a sour taste so I changed to the Sunshine hotel on soi 8 where I got a big clean room with a view of soi 8 for 675 baht, the girls in reception at both hotels were polite, cute and flirty.

Sabai inn on soi 3 have great rooms for less than 800 baht.

Archived